• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

OpenHangout

Status
Not open for further replies.
The goal of this project is to use the entirety of SRB2's map space, for the better or for the worst (worst)

Screenshot-13.png

Thus far I have a total of roughly 6 areas, with two currently complete (the smallest ones of course)

The completed areas are as follows:

The hub:

srb20048.png

And the tunnel:

srb20049.png

The uncompleted areas are as follows:

Open-Plains:

srb20050.png

The-Tunnels (not to be confused with the tunnel):

srb20052.png

Castle-Forest:

srb20051.png

Spaceship:

srb20063.png

It is quite clear that the most developed of these areas is Open-Plains, the rest being quite bare-bones and generally sad.

This map also features its own collectable (Because I am highly unoriginal):

srb20054.png

Collect them all to open the vault and obtain the treasures within (If you can find it)

srb20055.png

That's all I have to show, Don't really want to spoil it in its entirety before release (Which will happen in 2025 at this rate)

Last edited:
Nah man, the more submissions the better.
You still have a full month to finish this for the contest

Again, my progress is incredibly slow. Mostly due to having to come up with ideas for the open plains area, which I am not particularly good at.

Again, my progress is incredibly slow. Mostly due to having to come up with ideas for the open plains area, which I am not particularly good at.

Something like hills and a river would work, also some cabins could be a pretty neat option

More stuff

more screenshots, added a bit to the hub and added lampposts and sidewalks to the city and some screenshots of the open plains area and sky.

Attachments

• srb20000.jpg
    srb20000.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 140
  • srb20002.jpg
    srb20002.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 141
  • srb20001.jpg
    srb20001.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 128
  • srb20003.jpg
    srb20003.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 136
  • srb20004.jpg
    srb20004.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 156
  • srb20005.jpg
    srb20005.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 127
Updates

First of all I added a disco to the hub area, don't quite know why but I did.
srb20008.jpg

Within it I added a Snack-bar and a teleport to an area I call "The tunnel".
srb20009.jpg
srb20010.jpg

The tunnel has two routes, the fun route with ice and boosters, and the painful route with extreme friction and a low ceiling.
srb20011.jpg

Added a mountain with a picnic on top to the green plains area.
srb20012.jpg
srb20013.jpg

Also added a nice fade affect to the ocean and a weird thing to the maze.
srb20014.jpg
srb20015.jpg

And finally, added proper Thok-barriers to the city and green plains area's
srb20017.jpg
srb20016.jpg

Update

I've fleshed out the medieval sky area a little, just laying some groundwork.
srb20018.jpg

Added a new area, a space-ship, also nowhere near complete, just a basic outline at the moment.
srb20019.jpg

And here's and updated over-view screenshot.
Screenshot (1).jpg

Castle go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Took a week break from working on Openhangout, I've resumed progress and have some progress to show.

I made a bouncy castle.
srb20021.jpg
srb20022.jpg
srb20023.jpg

Its bouncy.

this idea is fascinating

Also could pepper this with a lot of mini-rooms, easter eggs or the stuff, like platforming challenges or wall climbing challenges for Knuckles...basically with that much space there's a huge amount of room for creative stuff, specially considering its a sandbox/hangout instead of a normal map (put a beeg ramp somewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back