srb20115.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 10,403
  • srb20120.png
    srb20120.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 10,208
  • VS_IHAWD-v2.zip
    100.6 KB · Views: 1,804
Last edited:
Like the aesthetics here; Knuckles can't jump onto the little purple bounce pads without some extra height, for what that's worth. Not too big a deal, of course, given that he can just climb up in all instances, but worth noting.

I'll echo the other guy above and say that I would love to see this possibly expanded upon!

Your dream reminds me of those fake PS1 games I that have been popping up lately, like Petscop and its copycats and parodies (Sheriff Domestic and Animal Investigator come to mind).

Really fun to play though despite it's length, and I love the aesthetic.

This accurately scares the crap out of me. Thanks for that kind sir, but great level it reminds me of need for madness.

fun fact about sonicfan84

I actually had a dream like this ( aka sonic fan 37482 on Xbox )

Last edited:
So, I really enjoyed playing this level.

I really liked your use of the flat color textures. The pastel interpretations of the grasslands and temple themes were very fresh, and just fun to look at. I was nervous about the stage's aesthetic from the screenshots alone, but it all felt very nice when playing it myself. The slopes and sector shadows felt necessary for making the level work.

I felt like the Crawlas were a high level-of-detail object in a world that was otherwise very simple. If you don't feel like they're necessary for gameplay, I feel like the level would work better aesthetically without them.

The coin at the top of a peak was a nice touch. It forced me to wrestle with the slope physics when I wouldn't normally.

It also felt very much like a Sonic level. I played through the level a second time to make sure I hadn't missed any alternate paths (I only found one path), and I didn't feel like I needed more runs with other characters. [edit: Actually, a Metal Sonic run sounds cool here.]

Also, the music was great.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back