Resource icon
v2.1 Community Contributions and more SEGA!​
Just as with Kart's official download, KDLC is now all in md3 model formatting. With this change, most racers have gotten a 10% size increase​

As of 06/11/19: we now have a substantial amount of contributions from community members including a large amount of new ones!
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

These and more shown in the below attached images below can be found in both the Full and Patch download. Since this is such a large update I couldn't keep track of 3 downloads anymore, forgive me. <3

Who made what?​
Pictures of each character are named based on who contributed the most to each model.
JJ - Myself, Jeck Jims
LJ - LJSTAR
TT - Tiniest Turtles
ZC- Chengi
A special shoutout to Mr. Screwup for ripping NiGHTS' models, and for model creation and animation work for Vectorman.
How can I contribute?​
9 out of 10 times if I like your content I will approach you and ask/suggest combining forces, though I am not 100% opposed to being approached with content publicly on discord. I am not going to lie, I am picky about the content I include, so don't be surprised/upset if I say no. Also, anything I include I request that I am giving the ability to edit/adjust things as I see fit.

Just curious, but when will these be updated for 1.1? I tried playing as Pointy Sonic, but he's just invisible except for the second color part (which is just a 2D sprite). From what I can tell 1.1 removed support for MD2s, so these should just have to be released as MD3 to work properly.
I also have the same question
sad that they removed MD2 :(

Edit : still not sure about the installation instruction (no bat file anywhere) but this mod work flawlessly with LauncherBlast2 (java app who work on every plateform) :
https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=42996

Opening the .RAR download should reveal 2 items initially, these get placed in your SRB2 Kart root folder, overwriting whatever is already there.
Use the .Bat file for OpenGL to launch the game in the mode that supports it.

Hi there.
I'm on ubuntu 18.04, no problem for copying file.
Unfortunatly I can't find any .bat file.

Any clue to use it on ubuntu ?

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards

S.

Edit Ps :

Whoaaa This is so fancy stuff, really really nice low poly work, this is coherent with the rest of srb2kart. This should be the default models.
Thanks to every contributor of this mod.

Last edited:
So I managed to get the 3D models working on my mac, but I can't see all the models listed in this patch. I just see the the main characters in multiplayer, and an extra set (none in the patch like doom guy and ulala) in online multiplayer.
I feel like it's something simple that I'm not getting here if anyone can help!

So I managed to get the 3D models working on my mac, but I can't see all the models listed in this patch. I just see the the main characters in multiplayer, and an extra set (none in the patch like doom guy and ulala) in online multiplayer.
I feel like it's something simple that I'm not getting here if anyone can help!

In Srb2 Kart Menu, go in "addons" look after "bonuschars.kart" and press "Enter" : all the bonus characters is unlocked.

Sorry I'm a bit new at this. I don't have any results for "bonuschars.kart", in fact my addons are mostly empty.
Getting the bonuschars file on a Mac isn't as easy as other platforms. You have to go to /Applications/Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart.app/Contents/Resources, you'll see it in there (you'll need to right click the .app and then click show package contents). You'll have to manually copy the bonuschars.kart to ~/srb2kart, but after doing so it should show up in the addons viewer.

I have only the originals bonus karts in my selection menu, here some additionals stuff tp accomplish do to get the other models ?

Getting the bonuschars file on a Mac isn't as easy as other platforms. You have to go to /Applications/Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart.app/Contents/Resources, you'll see it in there (you'll need to right click the .app and then click show package contents). You'll have to manually copy the bonuschars.kart to ~/srb2kart, but after doing so it should show up in the addons viewer.

I'm following you all the way to "manually copy the bonuschars.kart to ~/srb2kart" but I'm not sure where "~/srb2kart" is.
If I show package contents,

contents folder

Inside contents folder:
Frameworks
info.plist
MacOS
Resources - where original bonuschars.kart is

You should try this in startup menu :

Go in options > Data Options > Addon Options > Location

Try to change the location options.

Thank you Spiegel that resolved finding the extra characters, but the main problem of not having access to the characters in this particular pack is still present.
So I have the bonus characters, but I can't find where this packs dlc characters are.
Maybe some guidance on how to install the pack properly on mac might help?

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back