Looking for people from 2008-2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATH64

Around 2008 and 2009, I remember quite a few people from here. If you don't remember, I was the dumbass who ran around making garbage posts all the time. But I was like 12, so whatever.

So I just want to see if any of you guys are still around. DO NOT care if I get my account removed for this post, because I won't be sticking around.

As if you would get your account removed because of a post anyway, lol.

But yeah, I sort of remember you from back in the day. Been ages since then now, wow.

Yeah, you sound familiar and probably had the same scale of maturity as I did. It's nice to see a familiar face after a few years, but the entire board's kind of taken a slump into inactivity, myself included. I check back every blue moon to see what the jazz is about some new mod or something, not to mention becoming severely inactive after a hard drive failure, losing all of my data for SRB2.

It's good to see the people I've made friends with, though. Anyone remember How Do I Jump? Good times.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Speedylizzard14
but the entire board's kind of taken a slump into inactivity, myself included.

Yea I have noticed the forums have been more quiet lately; But I usually look around the Off-Topic posts, so I don't know about the rest of the forum.

Oh don't worry, we all went through that phase. I joined 7 years ago this month, so I was 12 at the time too.

Joined in 2007.
Ooooh boy, I remember making an alternate account and calling Mystic a "nerd who likes hentai". Then prooooomising it was my "stupid younger brother" who did it.
Spoiler: I don't have any brothers.

Good times!

Also, HDIJ was some fun stuff, man. It was uncanny how much activity it drew from the rest of the board, though, all in the name of stupidity and childishness. Guess it says something about our target audience, huh ;)

I didn't have a MB account since 2012, because of the hard verificaton code. But i knew of SRB2. Besides, in 2008-2009, i'd be playing Roblox, when it was good, and my account was fresh off of the bat. ( FUN FACT - I joined Roblox in 2007 )

I recall SRB2 back when I was about 9 or something, but I joined around 2008, though playing the game at the age of 11. I was under the alias of "DarkSagaFromSegaLMA0" at the time, not using the alias I had from Youtube, for some reason. 2010, I changed my name with help from an MB moderator to fit with the Youtube account. Hard for me to remember half the people from then, regardless.

In 2009 I use to look through the forums for mods, level packs and socs all the time.
Then in December 2012 (I think) I joined the MB,
AnyHooo...
The main reason why I joined this forum was to release my wads (but there not ready yet) and to help others through teamwork. (I don't know why)

Last edited:
Gee, 7 years ago I joined here at 14. Seems the time does fly by when things happen in life.

Yeah, I remember the early days where I was new to forums. Christ do I cringe at some of my old stuff, though there are a few laughs within the cringey posts.

I think I joined around 2009, maybe 2010, but I definitely remember you about. Hullo.

I remember trolling on my own page on the wiki, angsting with the best of them around Sonic 4's prerelease, and occasionally genuinely and unintentionally creeping people out. Good times. I still like to get most of my news about videogames from links people post here.

I joined around 2006, but I was mostly active (and a lot more mature) during 2007-2008.
I remember quite a few of you to this day.

I joined in... 2005? Blimey. I remember quite a few people here, though that's mostly due to lurking... People probably don't remember me much.

I'm mostly a lurker as well. I've been here since 2005? Man it's been a long time.

I know it's a long shot, but anyone know what happened to Andy?

I joined in 2008. Wow, five years ago. This place has really served up my favorite internet memories, from the april fools shenanigans to HDIJ to some really awesome netgames. And spending a summer break making levels. Not necessarily good ones, but the creative process is always really fun. I also owe it to the srb2mb for making two wonderful friends, Eblo and Fyrus. We somehow all became really good friends, some of the closest I've had in fact.
People probably don't remember me much.
I remember you mostly because your avatar was a fedora for quite some time.

I first joined in 2007, though I lurked quite a bit in the year before. It's hard to believe I'm still coming here after seven years. In that time, the ridiculous concept of slopes became reality, 1.1 was released, creations have come and gone, and quite a bit of the members grew up and moved on with their lives. It's staggering, honestly. I also met two guys named Jellybones and Fyrus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back