Resource icon

[Level Pack] Driftcrest Pack v2.8 [Dirty Driving Navigator]

Scootie

Beep beep
Well I don't think I'm going to hear the end of this one for sometime, so let's release it and get it over with. Here's a new map pack I'm working on other than just Slipgate Cup. While Slipgate Cup is meant to be more challenging than what other community maps present in SRB2K involving more advanced mechanics of what Kart offers, Driftcrest's maps are more simple in design with some fun gimmicks thrown in and a easter egg, cause why not?

Map ids:
attachment.php

Map ND: Slip Winder
Difficulty: Novice
Encore Support is available for this track
Theme: Song for Denise (Maxi Version)
(I recommend dynamic music to avoid copyrights if you stream this course, either that or turn your music off.)
Encore Theme: Tatsunoko vs Capcom UAS: Training Stage
Welcome to the drift simulation. Slip Winder's design is more minimalistic and a little meme-ish, a course containing numerous winding sloped turns and some minimal gravity flip sections. While it is simple to drive on in a time trail, a track like this will see a lot of item interaction in multiplayer settings.

attachment.php

Map NE: Seaside Getaway
Difficulty: Novice
Theme: Togue Run- Drift Stage~Myrone
Encore Theme: Shiny World- Outrun 2 OST

Inspired by the Drift Stage course that we didn't really get to play, comes Seaside Getaway, a course that is easy on the eyes and for first time players with a simple layout that is quite forgiving in many aspects. It's not a very long course, being 4 laps to allow it's mood to settle in as you race across Island's mountain side highway dotted with a bit of Outrun trinkets. This might be a course that'll please any of the old arcade fans out there!

attachment.php

Map NF: Galuga Archipelago
Difficulty: Advanced
Theme: Contra 4- Jungle (Hard mode E3 version)
Encore Theme: Neo-Contra- Jungle Juncture Remix (Super Contra)

Take a dive into the hidden jungle outpost of Black Viper. A course with winding lower and upper path splits within 2 laps, the fauna is thick and the waterfall section is treacherous, watch where you drift!

attachment.php

Map NG: Dirty Desert Rush
Difficulty: Advanced
Theme: Conditioned Reflex- Sega Rally Championship (Arcade)
Encore Theme: King of Island- Sega Rally Championship 2

“Caution!” A course set in the midst of a desert plains, a muddy water fall and a small wrap around a watering hole. This slippery technical course will test you in your ability to handle it’s wild hairpins and loose terrain! Keep your footing about you, or wheels in this case!

Map NH: Red Hot Radiation
Difficulty: ???

v1:Release of Slip Winder.
v2.5:Release of Seaside Getaway, updated to current version via feedback in net game testing to address certain issues.
v2.6:Release of Galuga Achipelago, slight updates to Slip Winder and Seaside Getaway. Addition of the Driftcrest banner.
v2.7:Fixes to the lua script to prevent a conflict with Ivo Industries when Driftcrest is loaded up first with the dynamicitems lua.

v2.8b:Patch for skybox in Galuga Archipelago, another patch will come to fix one of the sprite conflicts the map has with other maps in game. And release of Dirty Desert Rush beta, it'll get a patch later as well when Rally Hud is available.
v2.8:Patch for Seaside Getaway where players who end up driving behind the railguard near the finish line can still finish the race. Fix sprite conflict of Galuga Archipelago sprite name of trees conflicting with other trees in vanilla game courses. Rally Hud has been added to Dirty Desert Rush for both it's normal and encore modes for racing. Change for the change skybox linedef executor resolved.

Credits to Eldog for the custom randomitembox lua and Rally Hud lua

Supporters / Co-Authors:

Attachments

• kart0114.gif
    kart0114.gif
    219.7 KB · Views: 319
  • kart0115.gif
    kart0115.gif
    11.8 KB · Views: 304
  • kart0116.gif
    kart0116.gif
    81.1 KB · Views: 263
  • kart0117.gif
    kart0117.gif
    216.1 KB · Views: 367
  • kart0118.gif
    kart0118.gif
    252.6 KB · Views: 289
  • kart0119.gif
    kart0119.gif
    151.7 KB · Views: 322
  • kart0121.gif
    kart0121.gif
    810.4 KB · Views: 303
  • kart0120.gif
    kart0120.gif
    880.9 KB · Views: 308
  • kart0151.gif
    kart0151.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 320
  • kart0154.gif
    kart0154.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 288
  • kart0155.gif
    kart0155.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 256
  • MAPNDP.png
    MAPNDP.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 4,321
  • MAPNEP.png
    MAPNEP.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 4,337
  • MAPNFP.png
    MAPNFP.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 4,304
  • MAPNGP.png
    MAPNGP.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 4,300
  • KRL_Driftcrest_Pack-v2.8.pk3
    22.4 MB · Views: 905
Last edited by a moderator:
The grey angular walls and glowing lines used to highlight the way forward in Slip Winder makes me think of an old racing game like Stunt Race FX, and that's pretty neat. Welcome to releases, look forward to seeing what else you can come up with for Seaside Getaway!

I do think that Slip Winder could do with a minimap though but it's nothing to hold this file in submissions over.

The minimap is there - I did a check - but it was named wrong. It was named MAPNCR, not MAPNDR.

But playing through it... I love to know how you made those "Checkpoints" without triggering any Lua code. Although it will be a bit confusing to those playing DaytonaKart when the "Checkpoints" don't extend their time, due to how DaytonaKart works.

The minimap is there - I did a check - but it was named wrong. It was named MAPNCR, not MAPNDR.

But playing through it... I love to know how you made those "Checkpoints" without triggering any Lua code. Although it will be a bit confusing to those playing DaytonaKart when the "Checkpoints" don't extend their time, due to how DaytonaKart works.

Thanks for pointing that out, might've slipped my mind to change it to the new map ID after learning one of Ninferno's maps took up NC. Oh those checkpoints are textures and the Checkpoint sounds are just active by floor touch triggers via play sound control sectors. I had the textures set across fofs and placed them in sections of the actual starpost activators and waypoints so that they still indicate that players have passed over the checkpoints.

Last edited:
This pack causes conflicts with other mods. If I load KRL_Driftcrest_Pack-v2.6.pk3 before KRL_IvoIndustries_v9.0.pk3 then I get a warning "Could not find mobjtype called MT_RANDOMITEMBOX".

This pack causes conflicts with other mods. If I load KRL_Driftcrest_Pack-v2.6.pk3 before KRL_IvoIndustries_v9.0.pk3 then I get a warning "Could not find mobjtype called MT_RANDOMITEMBOX".

Sorry about that, I just went through and fixed up the issue after some testing to remove the conflict. A patch is going up right now that will remove that error entirely.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

Quick patch for Driftcrest to fix a conflicting lua script when pack is loaded up before another map pack using the Dynamic items lua

Bumping for update for the release of Dirty Desert Rush Beta, patches will come at a later time, maybe the 5th track as well~

Here it is! Dirty Desert Rush now has Rally Hud and patches for both Galuga Archipelago and Seaside Getaway have been added!

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Quick patch to resolve a skybox change issue for Galuga Archipelago coming out of the lab area.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Quick patch to resolve a skybox change issue for Galuga Archipelago coming out of the lab area.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back