• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 - Sonic Heroes Sound/Music Pack - Updated! Again! Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE - Check Page 2 for the new URL

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I was planning on releasing this with SA-SRB2 v1.1 (which is coming along, btw, but slowly -- I got sidetracked and now I need to remind myself that SRB2 exists ;P), but here it is anyway. It's big because it replaces most of the music and sound effects. Music it replaces:

Title Screen - "Sonic Heroes: Title"
GFZ, Act 1 - "Seaside Hill Zone"
GFZ, Act 2 - "Ocean Palace Zone"
THZ, Act 1 - "Grand Metropolis Zone"
THZ, Act 2 - "Power Plant Zone"
CEZ, Act 1 - "Rail Canyon Zone"
CEZ, Act 2 - "Bullet Station Zone"
CEZ, Act 3 - "Final Boss: What I'm Made Of"
Special Stage - "Special Stage - Act 1"
Credits - "Sonic Heroes Theme (Slightly Extended)"

The "extended" version of the credits was done by me =P The theme floating around out there doesn't match the 1:50 set by the original SRB2 credits tune, so with a bit of quick editing, I made it fit. :D

All that's left to replace is Castle Eggman's music (I'd like to find the two spooky level's music, I can't remember their names... the Mansion/Castle levels).

I was also going to replace GFZ rock... but when I did, well, there were ugly results:

heroes-ewww.jpg

Granted, that's not the offical texture, and it'd probably look better if it was 256x256... but I can't do those sort of big textures. ;P

Re: SRB2 - Sonic Heroes Sound/Music Pack

BlazeHedgehog said:
I'd replace more, but alas I do not have the music! The music you see here was either extracted from the demo or was carefully extracted from a preview video.

I've got it!

Hmm, I wonder if it's okay to give that stuff out now...

I would possibly have to wait for SRB2 1.1 for that, depending on wether or not AJ decides to allow that. Right now, this just replaces sounds and music. Nothing more. Hence the topic name, "sound/music pack". This is also as far as I'll probably edit this. Maybe, MAYBE, depending if AJ puts in the ability to swap skins that way, I'll re-release it when SASRB2 is done with the ability to swap characters. The character swap + music + SASRB2 should basically simulate Heroes as best as SRB2 could do. =P

^_^ SHeroes will be very good (at least, it MUST BE better than Adventure ones...), and SRB2 too :P It´s still the best 3D fan game of Sonic... And best too in multiplayer mode ^_^

I've tried it (Not really)

If you reserve Mario Kart Double Dash at Gamestop, YOU GET A SONIC HEROES DEMO DISC THATS ACTUALLY PLAYABLE!! .::shudders::.

Mmmm... Blaze... Have you tried to change grass texture to sand texture, it could be better... :? Good sounds, I like them too much, except Tails flying ^_^

That way we could rape Blaze's server even MORE =P

But yeah, I still say the Sonic Heroes music is some of the worst generic crap ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back