SRB2DB Things don't show up in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiddo192

When I test an incomplete level (In the making, obviously), any Things which are added don't show up, with errors I can't understand at the top left, namely "PSpawnMapThing; Unknown type 79 at (32, 192)".

I don't get what this is telling me. Could someone clarify?

When I test an incomplete level (In the making, obviously), any Things which are added don't show up, with errors I can't understand at the top left, namely "PSpawnMapThing; Unknown type 79 at (32, 192)".

I don't get what this is telling me. Could someone clarify?

You're getting that error because there is no Thing Type 79, it used to be the Red Spring but became invalid when the thing numbers switched for 2.0. So this is probably caused by an outdated config.

You can download the correct config file here if you're using SRB2DB or here if you're using Workbench.

Last edited:
You're getting that error because there is no Thing Type 79, it used to be the Red Spring but became invalid when the thing numbers switched for 2.0. So this is probably caused by an outdated config.

You can download the correct config file here if you're using SRB2DB or here if you're using Workbench.

Does the file have to be placed in a specific location? I tried placing it in my SRB2DB folder, and nothing out of the ordinary occured.

Note: I did download the correct file.

Sounds like you have it in the right place, did you go into SRB2DB and select configuration -> files and pick the 2.0 config?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back