• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Metal Sonic Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcos

Marcos
Hey guys, I've been doing this for a couple of days and I think I should ask about your opinions

I've been adding a Metal Sonic race in every stage (except for bosses, which will have MT_METALSONIC_BATTLE) as I thought that using the mechanics of racing against Metal Sonic could add more of like a limited time mode.

What I thought is, I don't want new players to fail everytime in every level, so I planned to do an easy version, in which Metal Sonic would move in a similar way to Black Core Zone 1, and add Metal Sonic to every bossfight.

And also make a hard mode, in which I will try to go the fastest I can with Metal Sonic, and maybe add some extra hazards in bossfights.

Feel free to give your opinion or suggestions

(If nobody likes this I guess I'll stop doing this)

Attachments

• srb20017.gif
    srb20017.gif
    6.6 MB · Views: 220
  • srb20019.gif
    srb20019.gif
    6.6 MB · Views: 194
  • srb20020.gif
    srb20020.gif
    6.9 MB · Views: 168
This is a neat idea, though I imagine putting Metal Sonic in every boss room would be a bit painful for the game's pacing. That boss fight takes a very long time and can't be sped up very much.

This is a neat idea, though I imagine putting Metal Sonic in every boss room would be a bit painful for the game's pacing. That boss fight takes a very long time and can't be sped up very much.

Maybe somehow making it so the game completely ignores metal sonic so you can open the capsule with him still alive? While experimenting with objectplace i noticed you had to beat all bosses so the capsule appears, going to take a bit of knowledge, i have no idea if it is even possible at all.

Edit 2 seconds after reply posted: fixed misspell

I like this concept a lot. MSGP sounds like it could potentially be a Time Attack with the punishment of death in every level. A few things though:

1. Will checkpoints be removed? And if not, how will they work? The concept of getting Metal to reappear at every checkpoint seems cool, but I don't know how possible this is with the object.
2. How will you handle switch-activated doors and the like? The replay just clipping through the doors seems like a glaring possibility, so would it be able to smash through them similar to how Metal smashes through spikes in BCZ1?
3. About Metal's appearance in boss areas, I have two ideas. One possibility is to make Metal only take three hits to destroy, with the third putting him in pinch phase. Another is to make hitting Metal stun him for ~7 seconds each time, with him flying away with Eggman at the end of the boss. Again, as with #1, I am not extremely familiar with Lua, so I'm unsure how possible this is - though it seems like it would be possible with states.

Really excited for the idea, and I hope you see it through!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back