I'd like to see a fix for Legacy Blaze's jump ability. You'd basically have to add FLT_ and FRUN frames, making those frames use the roll animation like the mod.

Try getting the 1.3 model patch (Refer to Thread Details > Downloads), since 1.3 and onward; the mods are now restructed in the files. The base vanilla models are automatically patched with the game 2.2.8 onward. The modded characters (named PLAY+ in .dat file) are not.

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

It is 100% possible, but please; I BEG YOU PLEASE! Don't ask content creators of the mb to make something or do something (exception of course if it's a bug report or tweak you want to have) for you. You gotta do it YOURSELF, nothing is stopping you from doing it yourself. LEARN, create, and follow your dream. No one is going to do what you want in the time you want, make something and use that to learn while also learning from others. Go to the discord, talk to them there. TAKE ACTION.

But there is something stopping me

I don't own no PC

Won't work on mac.

For some reason, this mod won't work on Mac. I extracted the 7z file and it turned into a regular file. I put the file in srb2 adding and booted up srb2. I could not select the file. I can only view it. I tried using the 7z file, it won't even show up. I need some help!

For some reason, this mod won't work on Mac. I extracted the 7z file and it turned into a regular file. I put the file in srb2 adding and booted up srb2. I could not select the file. I can only view it. I tried using the 7z file, it won't even show up. I need some help!

The models aren't mod, you extract the 7z and put it in your srb2 directory. I suggest you use the FULL download as that comes pre-installed with the modded character models.

I downloaded the Addon.
The vanilla cast were given 3D models, however none of the supported mods are working. I've tried with Modern Sonic, Neo Sonic, and Blaze.
Am I doing something wrong, or skipped a step?

I downloaded the Addon.
The vanilla cast were given 3D models, however none of the supported mods are working. I've tried with Modern Sonic, Neo Sonic, and Blaze.
Am I doing something wrong, or skipped a step?

I noticed a few models not working today too. Doing the full install instead of just the patch fixed it. Keep in mind, if you're using another person's models too, you'll have to update the Models.dat file after doing a full install. Otherwise, their models will stop working.

I noticed a few models not working today too. Doing the full install instead of just the patch fixed it. Keep in mind, if you're using another person's models too, you'll have to update the Models.dat file after doing a full install. Otherwise, their models will stop working.

Thanks! I found out that my Models.DAT file didn't get replaced with the rest of the models, so I replaced that and now it works fine.

Step 1: SRB2 > Addons > JerTheHedgehog.wad
Step 2: SRB2 > models > play > copy sonic's model and textures
Step 3 ...models > ydlc > paste
Step 4: SRB2 > edit models.dat to add Jer.md3
Step 5: enable opengl renderer and type in console "Gr_models on"
or "gr_models 1

Step 5: enable opengl renderer and type in console "Gr_models on"
or "gr_models 1

An easier way to turn on models is to go to settings > video options > opengl settings and turn models on. I believe they're on by default.

Hi. I'd like to know which addons are for the "BLAZE" and "EGGS" models. (As they're called in the files.) I've already gotten the addons for the other models, but I don't know which ones are for these. Can anyone help me?

EDIT: I may have found the one for "BLAZE".

Last edited:
Hi. I'd like to know which addons are for the "BLAZE" and "EGGS" models. (As they're called in the files.) I've already gotten the addons for the other models, but I don't know which ones are for these. Can anyone help me?

EDIT: I may have found the one for "BLAZE".

Blaze might be for the Blaze character addon. Eggs are most likely for the Yoshi addon. Just check the character addon page for the respective mods :D
Also everything I told you is self explanatory and why do you need to know?

Blaze might be for the Blaze character addon. Eggs are most likely for the Yoshi addon. Just check the character addon page for the respective mods :D
Also everything I told you is self explanatory and why do you need to know?
Because first of all: I didn't get the right addon for Blaze.
Second: "EGGS" is Dr. Eggman, not any of the Yoshis.

How to select the extra characters?

game version 2.2.8, model version 1.3 (patch)
After looking through the thread, and double-checking all my game settings are correct, I'm still having trouble understanding how to get the extra characters to work (Blaze, Yoshi, Rouge etc).
I looked at a Youtube vid, and it seem to suggest that they should be listed like any other character in the character selection screen. Is this correct or is this some extra add-on? As this isn't the case with me. I can only see the usual ones (Sonic & Tails, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Fang, Metal (which all work just fine)) after which point, it goes back to Sonic & Tails again.
I've opened the models.dat file from the games root folder, and the entries in the VDLC.txt are listed there, so I don't think it's that. The folders are also in the correct location too.
Is there an extra option in the game to allow extra characters on the selection screen, or a way to force reload the models.dat file? I'm out of ideas here.

Back