How did you find out about SRB2?

SRB2 might literally be the first videogame i ever played; one of my relatives used to bring up CDs with PC games on 2007-2009 (we didn't have internet back then), and there was Sonic Robo Blast 2 v1.04 and some other old Sonic fangames like 'Neo Sonic Universe' and 'Neo Sonic 3: Revelations'; i was too young so i don't remember exactly, but i've found the errorlog.txt with a line saying "Error occurred at 8/2/2007 14:34:56." and even if i have an older brother who also enjoys videogames, that's the earliest possible time where i could've actually played SRB2, and to this day i still consider it one of my favorite games (if not the #1 on my list)

I heard about it from SRB2PPSSPP, which is a port of SRB2ME if anyone was wondering, it was in 2020, this year, or late 2019 idk, but when i learned about 2.2 i had mixed feelings

I wish I could remember. I can't remember when I started playing the game. I'm certain I didn't start with the final demo, but it was before 2.1. I remember the old special stages, back when they were platforming stages. But I have no idea who pointed me towards this game. Maybe I found out about it at the official SEGA forums? That, or maybe in the forums for the Sonic Comic Inc sprite comics. ...I doubt anyone here remembers that place.

Last edited:
I found out about the project somewhere in 2011-12, someone made a video about fan games about sonic, and there was srb2! then srb2 didn't really hook me, although I really liked it.
and now, when version 2.2 was released, one Russian-language media wrote about the game. "hey, pay attention to this!"
now I'm replaying the old version and looking at such huge differences. the developers have put in a lot of effort, and now I am in this community, although without much communication. just watching the whole process.

I was wandering around the web, trying to look for some amazing 3D Sonic fangames.

At the time, there were a lot of those, some of them being made in the Infinity Engine (which my computer isn't okay with, by the way). Neither of them caught my eye, but when I was least expecting it, a game came into my screen called "Sonic Robo Blast 2".

I didn't care about the game much, but when 2018 came around (the game was still in 2.1), I was happy enough to try this game.

On netgames, I was simply called "Sonic", because I didn't have creative name ideas.

And often, I would hop on in Spectrum's server, seeing that it was littered with players.

But now I won't be entering netgames because my router is just plain terrible, and I don't even have enough money to buy a new one.

i first heard of srb2 around 11-13 years ago when i was... gosh, 10 or 11. maybe even younger! i signed up on the forums and joined the irc at that time, although my recollection of whatever account i had is lost to the sands of time. i LOVED the game and all the modding capabilities, and even threw a very tiny and brief shot at map-building, although it was very short-lived due to my attention span and the, uh, Culture surrounding the forums at that point.

i DID love going on servers and roleplaying though, it's what kickstarted my love for roleplaying on minecraft when i was a teenager. i haven't really touched the game in recent years though, except for a brief moment last year that was incredibly unfulfilling given i have no friends on the game.

still...! this is my favorite sonic fangame of any game i've EVER played, and i'm so psyched to play more i logged back into this acc i made just to download mods...

I came around 2.1.15, after seeing a pretty funny YouTube series from the Spanish YouTuber Sergindsegasonic called Las Escroto-Aventuras de Sonic (Sonic's Ballsac Adventures)

The game was pretty good for me back then, even with that dull DSZ and crappy character sprites (I always disliked Pre-2.2 Sonic sprites, but Tails wasn't too bad for me)

Me and my younger brother were searching for games in a CD (free with Magazine 'CHIP') that could run in our crappy PC at that time (We were in 3rd standard I guess. [12 year ago]). We lost all hope after checking them one by one. Games were too demanding for our PC. Then we found this gem.... Clicked 'Install', nothing happened for the next 30 min.. We were checking other games.. abandoned hope.. then the Setup of SRB2 appeared.. Installed it.. That's where it all started.
That version was 1.09.4.. Damn, that version had so many secrets.. Red XVI.. Jumping on his roof after completing ultimate mode thrice.. In Castle Eggman Zone 2.. Jumping on his pool.. Hyper Sonic thing. Those were the days... I got so many memories with this game.
That time we were poor. Saved every megabyte of internet plan to download WADs. Our first played WAD was Metal Sonic and Shadow. We were so happy to see homing attack. Then little by little.. when we exhausted 1.09.4.. We downloaded SRB2 2.0.
Went a little deep into level design with DOOM engine.. Didn't went too far to make submission worthy maps.
And today here we... with new OpenGl, tons of maps, there size is enormous, surpassing limitations...
Now I've a job,beast pc, 100 Mb/s internet.... But no time to play :'(

I found SRB2 while watching random videos on YT then I saw SRB2 I saw the gameplay and downloaded it. It was amazing!

When I was a kid, I just had this phase where I became obsessed with sonic fan projects. I remember being really hype about Sonic GL, which never even saw a release (IIRC they shut down the project because they were scared SEGA would get mad at them when 06 released on PC, which they thought was going to happen for some reason.) I remember asking my parents for a SEGA CD because I had no idea what an emulator was and thought that was the only way to play Sonic Megamix.

I found SRB2 during this time. It was during the 1.09.4 days. I remember just running around GFZ2 as Knuckles, not really trying to get to the exit, just having my 11 year old mind blown. My dad couldn't drag me to church on sundays because of it.

I remember like 1 or 2 years ago a friend introduced it to me, we played online for a bit. I later tried to complete it solo and hated every second of the experience. Strangely when I replayed the game I just kind of switched to loving it. Although I do remember watching a video of Cobanermani456 playing it a long time ago so I guess that is how I found it out.

I had heard of this game during the days of 2.1, but didn’t know it’s name. Fast forward to early 2020 or so, quarantine making me bored as shit, I found this game again in a video called something like “SRB2 2.2: Everyone Vs Metal Sonic”. I watch some of the video, download the game, and immediately became obsessed with everything Sonic Robo Blast 2.

I was in Youtube... i saw that someone did an Parody of Sonic using SRB2 2.1 (SergindSegasonic)

I was searching for the Game, but... the guy didn't showed which game was, so... i needed to search it by myself (i didn't did it, lol), like... after 4 or 6 years, i Saw the guy playing SRB2 2.2, and i was like... OMG, SO THAT'S THE GAME!!! i searched "Sonic Robo Blast 2" in google, downloaded, and now... i'm here...

I Don't Know how Old i was when i knew about SRB2,but i knew about the game because of youtube.

How i meet SRB2

Well... almost everybody here (especially newcomers, like me) know this game because of... Youtube and the top fan games of Sonic... I was still not convinced to download those recommended fan games but I found a youtuber who uploaded this game ... And it looked good!

The day I downloaded the game it was at 2.1... Let's just say on 2018

How I discovered SRB2

huh... strange that I didn't answer this question before... well let's get to the point
So two years ago back in the 2.1 days I was watching my favorite Sonic mania mod reviewer Garrulous64 but I had noticed that he made a upload talking about.....WAIT AN ACTUALLY GOOD 3D SONIC GAME AND IT'S MADE IN THE DOOM ENGINE, by this point I had to check this out so I checked out the link he provided and I was AMAZED by how good it was but it somehow took me a whole 5 months to discover the SRB2 Message Board so a bit later Garrulous64 had made a stream about the encore mod for srb2 version 2.1 showing me the magic of modding so even till this day I still try to forget that fact but it keeps haunting me but a bit later and I've made an SRB2 Message Board account and I'm now more included in the SRB2 community.
So yeah that's how I discovered SRB2.

Last edited:
Commit search

I came across srb2 when looking at a youtuber mainly for their Sparta remix then one day i fell asleep and my computer had on auto play (outstanding move). i woke up to see him playing a sonic game and i was looking at it like man that's pretty neat i should check it out. i couldn't do so till a few years later when i learned of downloading and a small bit of coding. and that brings me up to here.

So, one time I was looking at a YouTuber named ScottFalco, and I saw he made a video on Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart. I never had any prior knowledge on the game, but it sounded so fun. I downloaded it on my PC and after a while, deleted it because I didn't know about the multiplayer. Later, I installed Robo Blast 2 and never really had fun with it. But now, I love both of them.(I prefer Kart but Robo Blast 2 is great.)

I've always known of SRB2 for a long while. About as far back as 2.1 era.

I mainly watched speedruns of individual characters, and all emblems as well, plus some of the mods for the release. Some of the first mods I've ever seen were Pointy Sonic, Shadow, and I think Inazuma.

The first time I've ever played however was in 2.2. I actually considered getting 2.1 at somepoint, but after hearing of 2.2 update coming December, I decided to wait. This community is one of the most amazing I've ever been a part of. And the mods coming out so far, are quite phenomenal. From older designs of the past such as the legacy trio, reimagined staples such as Dirk and Rafael, and brand new additions like Flare the Lizard. (I'm not 100% acquainted with SRB2 history, so sorry if I got something wrong)

Truly, this community is one of the best for me, and I hope it stays strong for many years more. Here's to many more addons and updates to come.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back