This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
speaking of the models, i tried everything, but it seems doesn't works
can you check and see what's happen and why it doesn't work?

To get the models working, not only you need to copy and paste the 2 model line (don't copy and paste it again if you already posted them in models.dat and saved it), but you have to add "PLAY/" before the MD3 files' name in models.dat. If you done it correctly, it should look something like "MEATBOY PLAY/STEAK.MD3 3.0 0.0 and ABOMINATION PLAY/RICKROLL.md3 3.0 0.0".

To get the models working, not only you need to copy and paste the 2 model line (don't copy and paste it again if you already posted them in models.dat and saved it), but you have to add "PLAY/" before the MD3 files' name in models.dat. If you done it correctly, it should look something like "MEATBOY PLAY/STEAK.MD3 3.0 0.0 and ABOMINATION PLAY/RICKROLL.md3 3.0 0.0".

thank you
mEVcwAV.png

This is amazing! Though I must say that if Meat Boy is meant for speedruns, its super form is meant for WORLD RECORDS. I mean, it's not actually playable unless you force it with VL_super.lua or something like that, but it's like SUPER FAST, INVINCIBLE and it has a SUPER JUMP HEIGHT which makes him literally walljump the sh*t out of the stages.

This mod, is by far my favorite character to play as simply because of the high risk high reward involved with the design of the character. The speed and the wall jumping just makes them super fun to speed through levels narrowly dodging enemies/obstacles. Now I know this mod is a little bit old, and with it i've found a few issues/bugs when attempting to play with friends that are only present for the character in online servers.

- Something to do with the gibs/player color of the gibs causes desync/resynching. Usually when you change or spawn those blood particles, it causes that to happen. Disabling them via the commands may negate it but resynching still occurs at times.
- When gibs are spawned by other players in the server, not the client, there is a chance for extreme lag to occur. Enough to kill the server at times.
- Something to do with how he respawns also plays into the constant resynching I think. If i'm right from what I read in the console, Meat Boy loads a save state to the beginning of the level rather than just respawning at a checkpoint like a normal character. I'm guessing because of this save state, it's causing desync.

And one last thing that isn't really a important bug or thing to worry about is when loading meat boy, it can affect the jump height/sfx of other modded characters? Can't confirm this but only noticed it when i've had him and Skip/Jana from StephChars loaded.

Either way, this character is amazingly fun to play in single player and I thank you for making them. I hope to see some fixes for them to function better in servers to play as him with friends.

This mod, is by far my favorite character to play as simply because of the high risk high reward involved with the design of the character. The speed and the wall jumping just makes them super fun to speed through levels narrowly dodging enemies/obstacles. Now I know this mod is a little bit old, and with it i've found a few issues/bugs when attempting to play with friends that are only present for the character in online servers.

- Something to do with the gibs/player color of the gibs causes desync/resynching. Usually when you change or spawn those blood particles, it causes that to happen. Disabling them via the commands may negate it but resynching still occurs at times.
- When gibs are spawned by other players in the server, not the client, there is a chance for extreme lag to occur. Enough to kill the server at times.
- Something to do with how he respawns also plays into the constant resynching I think. If i'm right from what I read in the console, Meat Boy loads a save state to the beginning of the level rather than just respawning at a checkpoint like a normal character. I'm guessing because of this save state, it's causing desync.

And one last thing that isn't really a important bug or thing to worry about is when loading meat boy, it can affect the jump height/sfx of other modded characters? Can't confirm this but only noticed it when i've had him and Skip/Jana from StephChars loaded.

Either way, this character is amazingly fun to play in single player and I thank you for making them. I hope to see some fixes for them to function better in servers to play as him with friends.
To follow up on this, i've made a modified version of the meatboy addon. It's not perfect however, he now should no longer cause resynch issues or severe lag anymore in servers.

- No memes
- No abomination
- No gibs
- No music
- No trails
- The "reloaded game state" function from checkpoints/game starts was removed as it was a big reason as to why it broke on servers.

If you plan to use meatboy in a singleplayer game then i'd suggest using the original. However if you want to play online with friends, use this version until an actual fix is provided by the dev, if ever.

I like Meat Boy and all,but the fact that the camera switches angles everytime you wall jump is really disorienting

Maybe make it more like the wall jump from saayyyy...Jana?

I love this character, it's feels super similar to the game, He's much fun to blast through levels! Edit: Meat Boy needs an ability that'll allow him to break objects like how the spindash used, or else he can't complete certain levels in other map packs. maybe the punch from Super Meat Boy Forever? or just let him used the spindash.

Last edited:
If ever this gets updates, I'd love if
A. The camera would stop resetting for each wall jump,
B. the capsules are replaced with Bandage Girl, as suggested above, who every time gets kidnapped again before you can reach her by
C. Dr. Fetus replacing every Eggman boss, basically stealing his mechs (even for the models!)

"5/10 mod; not enough sawblades"
-Edmund McMillen, probably

attachment.php

Controls
Advantages
High Speed: Meat Boy is a fast character that isn't beginner friendly but can easily be used to do huge skips in levels that might make him suitable for speedrunners.

Wallslide: Wallsliding is an ability that makes you stick into walls and jump off of them as well, easily an ability that can be used to break levels.
attachment.php

Infinite lives: He possesses the ability of having infinite lives due to some hidden lore in the game..
attachment.php

Disadvantages
Insta-death: He dies in one hit, making him progress through stages much more difficult, but the infinite lives are there to help him out.
attachment.php

Difficulty in control: Due to him having incredible speed and acceleration, slipping off ledges are common, use your wallslide to get out of them!
attachment.php

Commands
meatboy_soundtrack: Use this command to turn off and on the Meat Boy soundtrack at free will!
meatboy_trail: Use this command to turn off and on people having to leave their trail, reducing lag.
meatboy_lowparticles: Use this command to turn off and on having particles be less intensive to reduce lag.
Another command
meatboy_rickroll: Use this command to turn on and off people.. rickrolling?

Credits
TrustyGun - for letting me use his gibs code
Starshy - for making the A1 sprite first (i made the rest) and doing the ride, edge and transformation sprites
Seaballer - for helping me test Meat Boy and see the bugs
Blacknide - for making the model for both Meat Boy and Abomination Boy

Meat boy soundtrack and sounds from Super Meat Boy
Meat boy CSS art from Super Meat Boy
2.1 Meat boy from a rejected submission that i had lol

Changelog
v1: Release

Model
If you're too lazy to read the README file or you're just not used to reading them here's the text directly from the file:

blah blah blah do the usual stuff for models everyone knows it already i dont need to tell
rick roll was a pain to make in a short time ~Blacknide

--SETUP--

To setup the models, go to the models folder and extract the rar there, when you go that, go to the main folder and go to the file models.dat (if it's not made then make a new one), open it with a text program (example: Notepad) and copy and paste these lines in:

MEATBOY STEAK.md3 3.0 0.0
ABOMINATION RICKROLL.md3 3.0 0.0

Secret
Vulgar warning in the joke character:

There is another character that's in this wad.. He really enjoys to piss off some people with his 2000's humor, can you guess what it is..?

Kudos to this guy who made the remix

Supporters / CoAuthors

how do i download this i even created an account just to do it but idk :/

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back