Unofficial v2.2 Discussion Thread

The more I play match modes, the more fun I have...though I think turning on autobrake for them would help the game feel more like Doom/Quake and not so slippery. How common is it to find full servers on weekends, judging from past versions? I hope I didn't get into the MP precisely after it stopped being popular.

Its just instability in general,it can randomly run into the error when entering levels,could be related to the character choice because it happened on the same character but with Techno Hill Zone Act 2.

I've found that the game in the 70fps build only crashes when it transitions from a map straight into another. Booting into any map from the menu works completely fine.

I found that very build for 70fps!

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/STJr/srb2/builds/29395914/job/uvf9jm4p9ubckbsw/artifacts

Hope mods/admins don't mind me linking it,its super smooth at 70fps,especially with the power of G-Sync! ^v^

Edit: Unfortunately its not entirely stable,I got a SIGSEGV when trying to fight the GFZ1 boss
as Metal Sonic.

Playing regular levels works fine at least with GFZ1.

Thank you! I'm looking forward to trying it out later.

This gives me hope that the issues with higher framerate builds will be fixed one day. The 35fps limit has always been my #1 problem with the game. A fast-paced game deserves a smooth framerate.

Damn it! Now for some reason I am getting a SIGSEGV on the normal build which I renamed to "srb2winolde" to avoid overwriting it.

What the heck is going on?!? Could it be ghosts replaying related???

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

I keep getting this as its apparently getting confused on what character I am playing as.

Added ghost Sonic from MAP01-tails-last.lmp
ERROR: R_ProjectSprite: invalid skins["tails"].sprites[SPR2_PAIN] frame 1
ERROR: R_ProjectSprite: invalid sprite frame 36/2 for UNKN
ERROR: R_ProjectSprite: invalid sprite frame 36/2 for UNKN
ERROR: R_ProjectSprite: invalid sprite frame 201/2 for UNKN
ERROR: R_ProjectSprite: invalid sprite frame 9/2 for UNKN
ERROR: R_ProjectSprite: invalid sprite frame 13/2 for UNKN
ERROR: R_ProjectSprite: invalid sprite frame 13/2 for UNKN
ERROR: R_ProjectSprite: invalid sprite frame 55/2 for UNKN
ERROR: R_ProjectSprite: invalid sprite frame 55/2 for UNKN

signal_handler() error: SIGSEGV - segment violation
I_ShutdownTcpDriver: shut down
I_ShutdownSystem(): end of logstream.

I even deleted ghost replay files and pasted game files from the zip installer to replace the existing files with fresh copies and also deleted my config file to start that fresh as well but it still happens!

Everything was perfectly fine a few days ago worth where I collected 100+ emblems and got all emeralds as Tails.
I did several record attack runs consecutively with no such errors before.
Is there something in appdata I need to take care of or is it a depressing issue where the save file part is corrupted somehow?

How I cause it to happen is to do a run as Sonic on GFZ1 then try to use Tails,then that happens frequently now.
I already went between different characters before to get specific emblems and didn't run into issues then.

So I just finished Arid Canyon Act 3

I wasn't expecting that as the boss, and I expected less to unlock what I did. Are there more unlockables like that?

Damn it! Now for some reason I am getting a SIGSEGV on the normal build which I renamed to "srb2winolde" to avoid overwriting it.

What the heck is going on?!? Could it be ghosts replaying related???

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

I keep getting this as its apparently getting confused on what character I am playing as.

I even deleted ghost replay files and pasted game files from the zip installer to replace the existing files with fresh copies and also deleted my config file to start that fresh as well but it still happens!

Everything was perfectly fine a few days ago worth where I collected 100+ emblems and got all emeralds as Tails.
I did several record attack runs consecutively with no such errors before.
Is there something in appdata I need to take care of or is it a depressing issue where the save file part is corrupted somehow?

How I cause it to happen is to do a run as Sonic on GFZ1 then try to use Tails,then that happens frequently now.
I already went between different characters before to get specific emblems and didn't run into issues then.

So... sounds like I should copy-paste my entire SRB2 folder before trying out the 70fps mod. SRB2 doesn't have a folder in AppData, does it?

The more I play match modes, the more fun I have...though I think turning on autobrake for them would help the game feel more like Doom/Quake and not so slippery. How common is it to find full servers on weekends, judging from past versions? I hope I didn't get into the MP precisely after it stopped being popular.
I'd say you're more likely to see more MP servers a week or two after the initial release, since most of the new content in this update has been campaign-focused. Once the hype dies down there will probably be a slightly more even spread.

Anyone know the optimal way to get "that" emblem in AGZ?
You have to deal with bees throughout then break the floor with an unlockable character after taking a crazy platforming section path.

I personally just finished beating the main game and I'll just say this, I absolutely love the soundtrack. I hope a proper updated soundtrack download becomes available soon.

Will Modern Amy Be Used Made as a Option?
Here's Some Things She'll Look Like in Modern Form Similar to Her Appearance in SRB2 Kart:
She Wears a Red Headband, a Red Dress, a Left and Right Yellow Ring on Her Wrist Gloves, And Red Boots.
She'll Help The Player in Tutorial Zone
She's Unlocked By Collecting 5 Emblems in Frozen Hillside Zone.
She Has a Running Circle Like Sonic Without a Hammer.
She Appears in the Credits.

100 emblems spoilers.

What an awful stage. A wave of nostalgia washed over me when I first started the level, which soon turned into anti-nostalgia when I realized the stage was quite a bit better in my memory than in reality. On the other hand, it makes me even more impressed now just how well GFZ2 has held up over the decades.

Is there any reason why THZ2 in particular was chosen as the Legacy stage as opposed to something like Arid Canyon or Red Volcano?

Before long there'll be enough old stages to make a whole Legacy Campaign unlockable! It'd be a good replacement for the SRB1 Remake.

I am indescribably atrocious at the fps modes.

They feel...odd to me. Hitting someone to make them drop their rings and weapons, only to have to wait several seconds to hit them again (during which they've almost certainly gotten new rings) just doesn't feel that good? Like, I landed a sick rail across the entire stage in an CTF match and what did I get for it? Not much, really.

Maybe I'm just expecting a little too much Quake in my FPS, but I still feel like I'm approaching these modes the wrong way.

As far as I know, the goal in Match and Team Match modes is not to murder your opponents, each successful hit rewards you 50 points, if you manage to hit them after they run out of rings you get 100 pts.

CTF, Tag and Hide & Seek change things up by adding other elements like avoiding getting hit for as long as possible.

Last edited:
I am indescribably atrocious at the fps modes.

They feel...odd to me. Hitting someone to make them drop their rings and weapons, only to have to wait several seconds to hit them again (during which they've almost certainly gotten new rings) just doesn't feel that good? Like, I landed a sick rail across the entire stage in an CTF match and what did I get for it? Not much, really.

Maybe I'm just expecting a little too much Quake in my FPS, but I still feel like I'm approaching these modes the wrong way.
I always felt like hitting someone is the equivalent of a frag in another FPS - even though they don't die. You get points, they drop their items. And they're out of commission for a bit - first while still in pain, and then as they regroup and recollect ammo/weapons. You don't really aim to kill in SRB2 match - just get a hit in, steal their items, and move on.

CTF is a little different since your individual points don't matter - but again, you don't need to actually kill a player to retrieve your flag, for example. You just hit them once and if your movement is accurate enough you can return the flag before they even touch the ground.

Is there any reason why THZ2 in particular was chosen as the Legacy stage as opposed to something like Arid Canyon or Red Volcano?

I think it's probably because none of the original stage design carried over to the 2.1 and onwards version. The other two stages you listed are not only better in general, they have a notable amount more pieces of their design that were reincorporated into their 2.2 versions.

That said, old crappy stages campaign unlock in the next update would be a neat bonus. Would add a lot of content without seemingly extremely too much work. Only problem is a lot of levels aren't different enough from their 2.0 and earlier versions.

I think having familiar landmarks would make the experience better. People would be like "wow I remember this area, man look how far the game has come from the days of no slopes, no polyobjects, SOCs only, Final Demo"

(and THZ2 does do this, actually. The section near the end of 2.2 THZ where you press a button to raise slime is an intentional reference to the section near the end of 2.0 THZ where you press a button to lower slime and open the exit)

That said, old crappy stages campaign unlock in the next update would be a neat bonus. Would add a lot of content without seemingly extremely too much work. Only problem is a lot of levels aren't different enough from their 2.0 and earlier versions.

I'm trying to remember the level structure from CEZ1 in 1.0.9 when I first joined up. I honestly don't remember anything but some kind of cave thing you ran through near the end, and that it stopped at the gates to the castle.

I was wondering if anyone knows why all characters have the same stats (excluding jump height) now? Is it for balancing in multiplayer game modes? Will there ever be differences in character stats in the future, maybe not to the Speed stat but the other stats?

One of the dev posts in the Super thread implies that the reason is that it makes it easier to design and balance platforming sections.

Still a weird choice, IMO.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back