Version 2.1 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the sixth and seventh special stages are not that hard but getting a A rank at those one will not be a peace of cake. Presently i have got an A rank at the first 3 special stages and i have a total of 28 emblems.

Last edited:
Just came here to say I love the new version! So much time and dedication was put into it and the result was incredible. Emblems are a great challenge too!

Maximus, we get it... 2.1.3 has flaws... if they bother you THAT much that you have to repeatedly bring it up, why don't YOU go and fix them. I'm sure there are plans to fix the issues caused already, your comment just now was TOTALLY unnecessary.

Maximus, we get it... 2.1.3 has flaws... if they bother you THAT much that you have to repeatedly bring it up, why don't YOU go and fix them. I'm sure there are plans to fix the issues caused already, your comment just now was TOTALLY unnecessary.

... Complete Silence.

I'm sorry if that came across as rude, but seriously, a comment like 'sonic 06:PC edition' does absolutely nothing for the topic at hand, it's just really uncreative slander of the game because there is an issue you don't like, it's ignorant, and it just got to me.

Being angry about a comment on the Internet still isn't much better. Half of why these forums were so toxic years ago is because of stuff like this going in a non-stop circle; you seriously couldn't make dry humor without somebody taking it the wrong way. I refused to touch this community with a 10ft pole, until I saw that most everyone had calmed down and relaxed since I was last active here.

Back on topic, I'd love to comment on the rest of the game, but I still have that crashing issue with Castle Eggman's boss on the Linux port. Definitely going nuts with the Nights stages in the meantime, that's the part of the game I wanted to see the most throughout 2.1's development.

Being angry about a comment on the Internet still isn't much better. Half of why these forums were so toxic years ago...

Back on topic, I'd love to comment on the rest of the game, but I still have that crashing issue with Castle Eggman's boss on the Linux port. Definitely going nuts with the Nights stages in the meantime, that's the part of the game I wanted to see the most throughout 2.1's development.

Toxic? These forums? You haven't seen toxic, my friend.

As for the Linux crash, can you private message me a stack trace or steps to cause the crash? What architecture are you on, x86_64 or i386?

Toxic probably isn't the word for it, yeah, but it did get mildly YouTubish in posting quality. That annoyed me a lot, so I kinda stuck around the WADBase for most things.

As for the crash, I have it reported in a topic here. However, I've now noticed that Alam posted 2.1.3 binaries for Linux up on the trunk, so I'm going to try that and see if it still crashes from there.

2.1.3, A.K.A Sonic 06:PC Edition

I personally love Sonic 06. And 2.1.3 might have flaws, but its being worked on. I think all in all, srb2 is an amazing fan-made game, and tes, its even better than most of those other blitz engine games.STJR deserves a big hand. *clap, clap, clap*.

Also note that STJR works since 1999 (Tell me if I'm wrong) on this game and it is still not cancelled.

I actually think one of the bugs in 2.1.1-.2 was keeping the net play stable, it may have been the server timeout thing but maybe not.

====

v2.1.4 patch released.

* The multiplayer consistency protection code was rewritten to help netgames be more stable.
* You can now add files to your own server without kicking yourself out of the game (fixed for real this time).
* A lot of video code was rewritten to add features to both renderers.
- OpenGL now has proper transparent patch support, and can now draw both the cropped pictures in the character select menu and the small player icons used for continues.
- OpenGL should now draw the menus and HUD in their proper locations.
- OpenGL now supports skyboxes.
- OpenGL should now support MD2s better.
- Software now supports the translucent HUD option.
- Software now supports drawing any patch at any size with any translucency level and colormap. (This is mostly of interest to those doing Lua scripted HUD work.)
* Additional functions added to the HUD library for Lua scripting.
* Analog mode is now properly saved and restored after exiting the game.
* More minor bugfixes and level related fixes.

====

https://files.srb2.org/srb2.org/SRB2-v214-patch.zip

犬夜叉;743392 said:
====

v2.1.4 patch released.

* The multiplayer consistency protection code was rewritten to help netgames be more stable.
* You can now add files to your own server without kicking yourself out of the game (fixed for real this time).
- OpenGL now has proper transparent patch support, and can now draw both the cropped pictures in the character select menu and the small player icons used for continues.
- Software now supports drawing any patch at any size with any translucency level and colormap. (This is mostly of interest to those doing Lua scripted HUD work.)

====

Thank you for your continued hard work on making this amazing update better, Inuyasha. :)

...I promise I won't tell you to SIT!

犬夜叉;743392 said:
====

v2.1.4 patch released.

====

Thanks for the update, but it appears that some Lua scripts which used to work fine are now broken (Metal Sonic's, for example).

Lua scripts can be fixed by the wad authors.
Consistency failures can not.

See the level of importance?

Version 2.1.4 Patch

Posted by Inuyasha on 03-21-2014 06:30 PM.

Anyone placing any bets for what version number we’ll be on until everything is stable?

This patch works for any previous version of 2.1 and includes the following changes:

• The multiplayer consistency protection code was rewritten to help netgames be more stable.
  • You can now add files to your own server without kicking yourself out of the game (fixed for real this time).
  • A lot of video code was rewritten to add features to both renderers.
    • OpenGL now has proper transparent patch support, and can now draw both the cropped pictures in the character select menu and the small player icons used for continues.
    • OpenGL should now draw the menus and HUD in their proper locations.
    • OpenGL now supports skyboxes.
    • OpenGL should now support MD2s better.
    • Software now supports the translucent HUD option.
    • Software now supports drawing any patch at any size with any translucency level and colormap. (This is mostly of interest to those doing Lua scripted HUD work.)
  • Additional functions added to the HUD library for Lua scripting.
  • Analog mode is now properly saved and restored after exiting the game.
  • More minor bugfixes and level related fixes.

View on SRB2.org

Some Lua-related things changed syntax.
* player->jumping requires a boolean instead of an integer (player->jumping was always a boolean, that it was treated like an integer was an error)
* assigning values to a sfxinfo entry in the manner of {false, 0, 0} was bugged, as it read the first value as priority (int) instead of singular (boolean); this was also fixed
* v.drawScaled had its arguments changed to (fixed x, fixed y, fixed scale, patch_t patch, [int flags, [(unimplemented) colormap]])
* v.drawNum(int x, int y, int num, [int flags]) was added
* v.drawPaddedNum(int x, int y, int num, [int digits, [int flags]]) was added

Anyone placing any bets for what version number we’ll be on until everything is stable?

I say we might even make it to 2.2 before everything's good.

What would you guys do anyway if the game required that many updates? 2.1.9.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back