Suggestions

There was a period of time when Mario Koopa Blast triggered on New Year's Day, for example. What kind of sense does THAT make?
Hey, screw you, that was awesome. :( I distinctly remember how ecstatic I was that a new level just happened to appear from nowhere, and later when I found out what made it trigger.

The simple solution would be to not have snow on levels that didn't have weather in the first place. Just because it's Christmas or Christmas mode doesn't mean it actually snows everywhere. Some years it doesn't even snow on Christmas so having snow on all the levels is overkill.

Another solution would be, if snow were to be kept, to have the mode use copies of the levels from other slots. For example Green Flower Christmas act 1 would be on map C1, Red Volcaino Christmas act 1 woud be Map CG.

Or if the events are never going to return, why leave behind the contents of the April fools event?

SRB2 around Christmas time: DSZ is a giant impassable chunk of ice, ACZ is two degrees colder but otherwise the very same, RVZ is inside an active volcano, BMZ is the same as always, and ERZ is in space. Honestly, the concept doesn't work too well anymore.

I have a simple idea:
MAKE A CHRISTMAS VERSION OF THE WAD WITH A WEATHER CHANGING SECTOR ON TOP OF THE PLAYER 1 SPAWN POINT AND WATER BECOMING ICE. Not that hard.

in the case of Red Volcano, it could become full blue mountain with lava (sort of like Hill Top zone). Eggrock has its silver textures with the Eggman face pattern on it turn blue (as seen in SRB2 Christmas), DSZ could probably have icicles added to the celings of a few rooms or just be left alone. ACZ could have the puddles of Water (the texture ones) replaced with puddles of snow. the near dry river beds remaining the same.

Suggestion: Scatter Rings (which aren't even technically rings, they're X's) should drain 5 rings, because that's how many it graphically shoots.

Suggestion: Scatter Rings (which aren't even technically rings, they're X's) should drain 5 rings, because that's how many it graphically shoots.
Uh, that would make them almost useless, because they'd cost way too many rings to be effective. Game balance > visual consistency

2.) Light dash as Ability2. You would still be able to spindash, but if you charged it up for long enough, it would display the spindash afterimage around you, except instead of just being your character's color, it would be cyan. Then if you kept on holding down the button, you could walk around with light dash charged and ready to go. Then you let go near a trail of rings and you would zoom off and collect each one. Just like in SADX.
This is actually a really good idea! We should have lightdash! And homing attack! Just imagine what kinds of obstacles you could create with this!

I can indeed imagine! I played Sonic Adventure 2!

Honestly, adventure mode was tedious and uninteresting at best.

Uh, that would make them almost useless, because they'd cost way too many rings to be effective. Game balance > visual consistency

That reminds me, i remember an age-old trick (or even bug?) Which allowed players on the same team to multiply their rings. back in 1.09.4, it was terrible, as when shooting a bomb ring at your teammate gave them 36 rings, but only using one of your own. It was even worse when they would both have bomb ring and auto.

And now, in 2.0, the scatter ring allows you to multiply your rings by 5. although, this is probably a little less practical to do than the 32 forementioned.

Last edited:
I can indeed imagine! I played Sonic Adventure 2!

Honestly, adventure mode was tedious and uninteresting at best.
Does that mean you guys'll consider it? Because it could improve SRB2 for the best:
-Better contest levels
-Creative gameplay
-Semi-classic gameplay (Sonic Adventure times)
-Useful for shortcuts
Questions:
1) Why does everyone want the old SADX lightdash? I hated how you always had to charge FOREVER just to lightdash. I liked it better in 1.09.4, where once enabled, you could lightdash with the touch of a button.
2) Homing attack would (and did in 1.09.4, I don't mean SA and SA2) feel really weird with thok...
3) With (if) Sonic equipped with these awesome abilities, what other unique abilities could Tails and Knuckles have?

3) With (if) Sonic equipped with these awesome abilities, what other unique abilities could Tails and Knuckles have?
Mystic melody!

In all seriousness, we're making a game based on classic Genesis Sonic games, not Sonic Adventure. I understand that at this point SA1 is probably old enough to be considered a "classic" game, but it has a very different design motif and is not what we're going for. Light speed dash is indeed listed in the design documentation as a spindash replacement for custom characters (and has been for a full year at this point), but don't take this to mean we actually are ever going to implement everything on that list.

Can we remove respawntime and setrings from match/CTF mode? At the very least, setrings? I can see a possible argument for respawntime, but setrings really has no purpose in match.

I have a few other suggestions.

Sector effect: reward points (the KOTH sector):
Angle: the number of points awarded at a time

New ability: Fly02

Similar to Meta Knight's. Pit's, and Charizard's ability in Super Smash Brothers Brawl, when this ability is set, and the character presses (and possibly holds) jump, the character would be sent foward and up, and then control how they fly using up and down keys: if they press down, their character would move up in the same fashion as Meta Knight in SSBB, but his speed would decrease. If up is pressed, the character would move down, similiar to meta Knight in SSBB, and his speed would increase. This ability offers much more interaction than the usual "press jump twice/press and hold jump" scheme most of the other abilities have.

Sector effect: reward points (the KOTH sector):
Angle: the number of points awarded at a time
Already possible through special effects. Look it up.

[Flight] similar to Meta Knight's.
I imagine this getting extremely annoying if I want to fly upwards while accelerating or slowing down.

A Thok power meter would prevent thokfests.
I don't get it. What's wrong with the fastest character being the best in a mode based on speed to the point that you'd want to nerf him or beef up everyone else?

To go along with secondary abilities that replace spindash...

Make it that characters with ability2 set to anything other than spindash can break walls that usually have to be spun into. I dunno, make it that light speed dash makes you actually dash for a second when you're not in front of rings, like the Amy dash in SRB2JTE? :/ (as for multiability... Why not have characters jumping/thoking into the wall (or hitting their max speed) to break it? :E)

Now, something I think would be really cool.

A linedef executor for when an ability is used.

Okay, say new ability2's were added (or maybe new abilities). The floor height (or something) of the sector the linedef executor exists in would define which ability triggers it. If a new psychic ability was added, then when the character presses the spindash button, something could happen like a bridge forming, or items floating in the air to make a path that otherwise wouldn't exist.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 5, Members: 1, Guests: 4)

Back