Suggestions

While we're at it, then, we ought to make the Transfer Line flag easier to use. It's incredibly finicky about how it's set up, and I've only ever managed to do it right a couple of times.

That's because it uses the linedef numbers to associate each control linedef to the target one, thus being awfully easy to screw things up when deleting certain linedefs, or not building the control sector by creating its linedefs through the same order as the target sector ones.

One suggestion would be to use the tag of the linedefs instead of their numbers to make things easier.

In DSZ3, have Robotnik actually face you in his other frames instead of always focusing on the Egg Trap Capsule's general direction when not shooting you.

Make the Spikes sector effect apply anywhere within intangible FOFs, not just the top. It would allow for much greater flexibility of use.

Don't know if this has been said already.

You know in Doom and most quake/quake mods, when you were typing a box over your head saying "..." to let you know you are typing. Usually when this is in a game a polite player will wait until the "..." is gone(or just wait around 3 seconds) before they hit you. It would also make people who tried hiding but failed as you found them less mad at a typing hit/kill.

You know in Doom and most quake/quake mods, when you were typing a box over your head saying "..." to let you know you are typing. Usually when this is in a game a polite player will wait until the "..." is gone(or just wait around 3 seconds) before they hit you. It would also make people who tried hiding but failed as you found them less mad at a typing hit/kill.

That's an awesome idea. Certainly it would make typing players feel safer in Match, because people would no longer have an excuse for killing them then and there.

I agree with you two also. I always take a long time to type, and I always get hit.

A new type of camera would be nice, such as an angled chasecam. I hate only having two types of cameras to use.

Last edited:
...because people would no longer have an excuse for killing them then and there.

Who cares? It's a competition, and if people decide to just talk in the middle of it instead of playing the game, it's their fault for losing.
It doesn't make you look like a jerk. How is it bad to get points when it's within reach and perfectly fair?

Players who talk in-game are free points. Quake 3's little icon to tell you they're talking just made it THAT much more satisfying to gib them in horrible ways while they're not moving.

Make it so that when two Water FOFs are adjacent, both sidedefs in the border that joins them are invisible. If possible, add the option for the map designer to choose if they want the feature turned on.

EDIT: Never mind about that...

Last edited:
Players who talk in-game are free points. Quake 3's little icon to tell you they're talking just made it THAT much more satisfying to gib them in horrible ways while they're not moving.
So, why don't WE make it that much more satisfying? Players who hold themselves to unrealistic codes of honor can avoid people with the little icon, and everyone else will immediately be able to tell they can get free points.

Now, here's an unrelated suggestion:

21mryfm.jpg

Why the hell is that not a Space Countdown? Inconsistency much?

Why the hell is that not a Space Countdown? Inconsistency much?

It's videogame logic.

In fact, i don't know how it is possible for Sonic and Co. to survive in space (as you've seen in many games, such as SA2) while they don't last but 11 seconds in SRB2.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back