SRB2 Ports list (outdated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.

-Fuse

:-)

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

I'm having a bit of trouble finding the new build for the 2.18 patch, could you give me a link please?

Thank you!

-Fuse

sorry, it seem the upload was stuck asking for my password (maybe that why the first 2.1.8 failed...)

Thanks for the help, but there was another message whenever I tried to join a

Critical Error

SOCK_Send, error sending to node 4 (24.113.99.166:5030) #22: Invalid argument

I didn't know what to do about it.

Thank you!

-Fuse

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

*join a server*

How do I set up the PSP version? There is little information on this. Is it like the unofficial Wii version where I have to copy and paste all the .dta files? Also, I will be using a PSP emulator on my android to run this, so if there are any things I should know about chime in and inform me.

21 hours. Safe to say my question was ignored, or simply not bothered to answer. A simple explanation as to how to get it working would be nice.

That would have been my first thought, however when one sees many other topics being replied to that are minutes or hours away, one would expect a question asked a day ago to be answered.

There are not many people who are knowledgeable on the subject anyway and those who would be are currently consumed by real life issues. You need to include all the srb2 data files (srb2.srb, rings.wpn, etc.). The PSP is seriously underpowered though therefore this port is almost unplayable and will continue to be until SRB2s resource management system is completely rewritten. I made a topic about it a while ago here.

There are not many people who are knowledgeable on the subject anyway and those who would be are currently consumed by real life issues. You need to include all the srb2 data files (srb2.srb, rings.wpn, etc.). The PSP is seriously underpowered though therefore this port is almost unplayable and will continue to be until SRB2s resource management system is completely rewritten. I made a topic about it a while ago here.

Alright, I'll try doing that later on today, thanks. And the fps and crashes don't bother me, I've never had a working system in my life excluding PC and have beaten all of Sonic Jam's sonic's world missions with 5 fps.

TrivialDentist, don't try emulating the PSP version of SRB2. I've tried it on my PC (which has no problem emulating Wii games at full speed) and I got horrible speeds, lagginess with any settings and weird high pitched sounds. Not to mention the game really only works well on the PSP Slim.

Would it be possible to port SRB2 to the "original" PowerPC Mac OS (9.2.2)?
There is a port for OSX, so how about one for the "classic" mac?
I'm pretty sure those computers have enough power to run SRB2.

TrivialDentist, don't try emulating the PSP version of SRB2. I've tried it on my PC (which has no problem emulating Wii games at full speed) and I got horrible speeds, lagginess with any settings and weird high pitched sounds. Not to mention the game really only works well on the PSP Slim.

As I said, t-....t-...you have one of those names that are 'difficult'. As I said I do not mind having extreme lagginess. My entire life has had me dealing with horrible stuff such as broken consoles, or broken systems and stuff. Why, the first time I played Shadow for xbox, I had to literally stop every 10-20 seconds because the level wouldn't fully load, causing me to die whenever I ran fast. So, I learned to enjoy such hardships, and it's also how I got to love Sonic Jam after beating it with 5 fps.

@confusion: I'm not knowledgeable in this, so I'm not sure, sorry.

Would it be possible to port SRB2 to the "original" PowerPC Mac OS (9.2.2)?
There is a port for OSX, so how about one for the "classic" mac?
I'm pretty sure those computers have enough power to run SRB2.

I started work on a port several years ago for 1.09.4 and it was in a semi working state. This summer I'm planning to pull out my G3 iMac and get that rolling again. I also plan on evaluating the original Xbox port which was close to working thanks to Alam's help.

@TheDoctor Were you able to get SRB2PSP running?

I started work on a port several years ago for 1.09.4 and it was in a semi working state. This summer I'm planning to pull out my G3 iMac and get that rolling again. I also plan on evaluating the original Xbox port which was close to working thanks to Alam's help.

@TheDoctor Were you able to get SRB2PSP running?

Nope. I figured I'd experiment with it next time I have some free time, since it's not that much of a big thing since I have srb2 on my PC and wii. I get a similar error as mentioned earlier, I would select it, black screen, and crash.

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

how do i add it to my psp?

Earlier I have made a similar post, read the first couple ones I posted (I think a page or two back), and sit along side with me, I am searching for similar answers.

Looks like the build that's linked was complied back in December of 2011 so you'll need to use the 2.0 data files until someone updates it.

Actually, from my testing, it seems to use 2.0.6's files. But I can't get it to run either, once it hits the "Sonic Team Junior Presents..." screen it crashes.

Sorry for the four week bump.

I don't know how it works,but I now have SRB2PSP running in PPSSPP "Android" at playable speeds with almost no lag spikes!

Would you beleive that this is PPSSPP on my Fire TV?
I also overclocked the minimal rate of all four CPU cores to 800MHZ using Kernel Tuner.

I want to see a better video of the SRB2 Android port using keyboard controls for making Sonic move at the normal pace instead of a STUPID crawl into death.
I just can't gauge how well the in-game performance is in cybocat's two YT videos.
The menu runs at what appears to be full speed,but what are the specs of his device?

I want the port for Android really,really badly.

*talks into your ear*-->really,really badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back