Post your Desktop

For some reason I felt like putting the recycle bin over there.

mydesktop8282010.png

i3097_desktop.png

Finally a website that hosts images on their size and hasn´t locked my country, Hooray!

It´s a DSR-1 .408 Magnum German Sniper if anyone cares, there is also the minimized ¨Post Your Desktop¨, but it ain´t readable due to that I had to make it smaller so it could upload today.

Last edited:
I´ve heard Ubunto´s a really good software for working, altrough I had never seen it directly, only heard of it.

mydesktopo.png

In my Windows Live folder (with the Media Center icon on it) I have all programs from Windows Live Essentials 2011 and the Windows Live Essentials Beta. In my Other folder, I have most of my Steam games.

2ldx6k6.jpg

Check out the technology that's superior to all these silly Wintel/Lintel machines so far. Image had a lot of the distractions cropped out of the way, but if you are wondering that is a standard 32" LCD displaying Workbench. I am getting a nice Commodore 1084S monitor very soon though, possibly tomorrow :P

Last edited:
I'm using Sonic Channel calendars. Although they're hard to see through all the icons.
desktopgi.png

Haven't done this in a while!

desktop_10-2010.jpg

A couple notes:
* Icons are sectioned into folders, personal files, and games. The major rule is no program icons! Too much clutter. If an installer puts it there, it gets deleted :)
* The taskbar is vertical because I tend to run a sh*tload of programs at once: this mitigates the problem of extraneous icons being offloaded behind a menu.
* It's also a lot easier to select programs via my finger, when the taskbar is vertical. On that note: the UI is enlarged by 120%, so it's easier to touch buttons. It's truly an insignificant tradeoff.
* My UI color is almost black so that it creates a "letterboxed" effect in programs. It's easier on the eyes, and it places your focus on the text content.

Last edited:

Went back to XP. Got a major performance boost with my old junk machine(but that may be because I had a shit ton of stuff on there that I forgot about).

3 months until I get a decent computer.

Using Rainmeter(Enigma) and RocketDock. Auto hides taskbar.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back