Sonic Colors!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I thought the first video was real. D=

Now onto the real discussion.
Does anyone else think the blue wasp will be the most used in the whole game? The red one will probably be used a lot in the DS version. (Since its exclusive and opens up new routes) The others will probably used sparingly or even only used in certain levels.

The gameplay stuff looks like its been taken from Unleashed. (Stomp is confirmed, homing attack with lock-on is in, boost,etc)

I have one question. Is the boost meter how much boost you have. Or is it how long the wasp last? (As in, a timelimit)

SC_WII_PACK_FRONT_lrg.jpg

37567_sonic_colors.jpg

The first one is a placeholder box art image.
The second one is fan made, I think it looks pretty good. Except the fact I doubt Chaos Emeralds will be used in this game.

Last edited:
I'm really disappointed in the fact that the boost gauge is in this game. It made the Rush games too easy as enemies, spikes, and most obstacles become non-hazards.

I'm really disappointed in the fact that the boost gauge is in this game. It made the Rush games too easy as enemies, spikes, and most obstacles become non-hazards.
Like BlackLightning said, you'll only have the boost at certain times. You'll never have it always full like in the Rush series or Unleashed.

I bet the blue one will be the most used. But at least it isn't possible to use 100% of the time.

We don't actually know what exactly the Cyan Laser does yet, though. Sure, it draws similarities to the boost in that it increases your speed and presumably bowls you through enemies, but that's about all we know at this point. It might be a fixed-distance dash, or something closer to SatSR's Speed Break in that it can't be spammed and actually requires large amounts of caution to use. It could even ignore ground features for all we know and burst horizontally forward regardless of whether or not there's ground beneath your feet anymore. That's not even taking into account the way the meter itself is filled, which is very different from both games the Boost has been in (Unleashed restoring it by picking up rings, and Rush refilling it with just about every fucking thing you do - needless to say, it's very difficult to run out in both).

I guess the only thing this really proves is that we need a gameplay clip, goddamnit.

Well I got some newz. I saw in this month's Nintendo Power magazine and found out that Sonic Colors on the DS is a lot like Sonic Rush ( No suprise there huh? ). But you can still grab ''wisps'' and use its power-ups. Also, a member from Sonic Team said that there will be 7 to 8 wisps total.
- The yellow wisp allows you to dig underground like a drill but if you run out of power, you have ''dug your grave''. ( Can't you spin or run out?! )
- The red wisp turns Sonic into a red fireball and allows you to propel through the air and reach high gaps.
- The light blue wisp with the antenna allows you to propel through like a lazer destroying enemies in your path. (The screenshot I saw in the magazine, it's a possibility you can jump from wall-to-wall.)

Those are the current wisps I've read about.

Last edited:
I just got the issue of Nintendo Power with Sonic Colors mentioned in it. By looking at the screenshots, it looks like a slightly more-promising Unleashed lookalike. The screenshot with the giant burger in what I presume to be Sweet Mountain is hilarious. "Now that's what we call a burger. Your move, McDonald's."

New Screenshots: (a lot of images you're about to see)

4701737257_3978794a7a.jpg

4701737777_8d39a41145.jpg

4702370936_1ea4ff3bcb.jpg

4701736973_2e4af8f0f0.jpg

4702369776_3b35f6a132.jpg

4702369264_04e26b911d.jpg
4701735197_89aaa8a0b1.jpg

4702369470_24162b717b.jpg
4701734511_bd5c556a4f.jpg

4702368998_c6beb05f32.jpg
4701734703_792231ed03.jpg

4701735003_b125e920e0.jpg
4702369156_3b77831306.jpg
Now all I need to see is some gameplay =D.
inb4 you notice the boost graphic

EDIT: I just notice this is my first time posting in this topic -_-

Last edited:
Oh shit, seriously now? Not another ridiculously childish game. Especially not with a name like Sonic Colors.
Edit: Holy shit those screens look awesome. The maps need major redesigns though.
Edit2: @the DS screenshots, OH SHIT, IT's SONIC RUSH 3 WITH MAJORLY CHILDISH MAPS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back