In Preparation for SRB2ME's Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonict said:
SMS is shortform for "Sega Master System", Cue. That is why he thought it was that. Why he did it, we will never know.
Because I had a brain fart causing me to think Master System = Genesis when it's Mega Drive. Sorry.

glaber said:
Sonict said:
SMS is shortform for "Sega Master System", Cue. That is why he thought it was that. Why he did it, we will never know.
Because I had a brain fart causing me to think Master System = Genesis when it's Mega Drive. Sorry.
Actually, Mega Drive = Genesis and Master System = Game Gear
Fix your wording =P

Sonic Shadow said:
Master System = Game Gear
Fix your wording =P

Fix yours. The Master System was Sega's 8-bit console, and had the same name in most, if not all countries where it was released. The Game Gear on the other hand is a portable system, also made by Sega.

I'm hoping that most of the newbies will actually be nice to talk to and not arrogant little A holes that you desperately think they are under the age of 10 and need to grow up.

super said:
I'm hoping that most of the newbies will actually be nice to talk to and not arrogant little A holes that you desperately think they are under the age of 10 and need to grow up.

You're in for some dissapointment.

Hopefully no one will be idiots, (both veteran and new users) and cause themselves to be banned.

Will there be a new introduce yourself topic for the new users?

Prime 2.0 said:
Sonic Shadow said:
Master System = Game Gear
Fix your wording =P

Fix yours. The Master System was Sega's 8-bit console, and had the same name in most, if not all countries where it was released. The Game Gear on the other hand is a portable system, also made by Sega.

D'oh.
Master System ALMOST = Game gear.
The difference is the portability.

Also, ending the offtopic. I can't imagine this place suddenly becoming flexible and friendly by the time ME comes out =/

Blue Warrior said:
Really, a general rule of thumb for forums should be "don't be an asshole" anyway.

Pretty much. It's not like anyone can't give other people advice without being a jerk at the same time. All the same, I'm very excited for the release of SRB2ME; should be epic.

Sonic Shadow said:
D'oh.

And the screen resolution. And the amount of system RAM. And probably quite a few other things.

No doubt they use the same CPU so it makes it easy to port games between the two systems, but they aren't exactly alike.

SSNTails said:
Sonic Shadow said:
D'oh.

And the screen resolution. And the amount of system RAM. And probably quite a few other things.
No, the amount of system RAM did not differ between the SMS and the GG. They both had 8KiB. The only difference besides the graphics resolution and color palette range was that the Master System had an additional sound processor, while the game gear could output stereo sound. (And the lack of a start button on the SMS)

Otherwise the games are 100% binary compatible. Just rename a .gg ROM to .sms or vice versa and you'll see that most games will run fine on the other aside from the color problems. This is what made Glitch's Master System port of Triple Trouble possible, he just had to convert all of the color palettes and some of the color fading routines to account for the hardware differences. The rest of his changes (moving the HUD, remapping start to 1), were simply to account for those resolution and control differences.

Kaysakado said:
You shouldn't be saying "Read the Wiki" because it won't be up-to-date.

Or maybe it will. We never heard anything about it since editing was disabled.

You shouldn't be saying "Read the Wiki" at all. You should say "Read this article."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back