Weird SRB2K Server Connection Issue (The Brazilian Disconnect)

KremBrute

I don't usually ask for help on forums, but I'm at the end of my rope here. The first time I played SRB2K with some friends, I connected just fine and there were no real issues to speak of. Every session since, I get this weird connection issue where I connect to the server with such absurdly high ping that the game hangs for a couple seconds before kicking me. I see in the corner of the screen that the ping gets up to around 900 and it displays a Brazilian flag despite the fact that I live in Minnesota. For a while, disabling my anti-virus seemed to solve the problem. However, the last time I tried playing with the same group of friends, even that didn't get the job done. So I was just wondering if anybody knew what the issue was and how to fix it. Anti-virus was the last resort so I'm fresh out of ideas on this one.

My friends and I were having the same issue. We're also all from Minnesota too. Seems to steady out after a while, but a more effective and direct method of fixing it would be nice.

Welcome to SRB2's netcode~
(the brazilian flag is an injoke btw, it means you're bound to disconnect)

SRB2's netcode is knowingly antequated, buggy, and a general POS. With the devs repeatedly saying that fixing it would require a rewrite which none of the SRB2 nor Kart devs can do.

The best you can do is to troubleshoot your issue on hyuu.cc, unfortunately

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back