Is there any way?

Soniku11

So, hey, i dont know if this belongs here, as its related to editing the game's files anyways. If not, just tell me and ill see how to delete it.

So, i been struggling hard trying to fight against the 2.0.6 controls, while trying to emblem hunt in castle eggman, because sometimes jump doesnt respond, and then i later opened 2.2 to check my saved games. And then something came right into my mind.

Is it possible to open the saved games files into any program, to edit the info of it? I mean, apps like Notepad, Slade and etc doesnt work, as they look being encrypted.

The thought was something like "what if i could give myself all the emeralds in a saved game, without adding mods?". Is it possible to extract the decrypted info to edit it?

I know there are a lot of mods for it, but my doubt is if its possible on vanilla.

It's not encrypted, and yes, you can.
That's cheating though :(

I said encrypted cuz opening them on different apps like the classical note bloc from windows, Notepad ++ and Wordpad doesnt say anything, just something like "version 202 [a lot of symbols that windows 10 doesnt recognice] " and something else at the end i forgot what it was.

But my doubt, how can i actually access and properly read the info of the saved games files? i mean, my main Srb2 2.2 folder has a savedata from another guy who had it complete. And made another to get everything by myself when i get too bored. But anyways it aint wrong, as i dont affect anyone in a bad way

Not user friendly I want to say. Edit of binary files isn't something everyone can do and you can easily mess up.
Well for the structure it isn't that hard to notice for individual savegame(the source code is kinda clean for this) but for gamedata it's already way harder. In both case, if you don't know C forget it.

Not user friendly I want to say. Edit of binary files isn't something everyone can do and you can easily mess up.
Well for the structure it isn't that hard to notice for individual savegame(the source code is kinda clean for this) but for gamedata it's already way harder. In both case, if you don't know C forget it.

I see. Heck it looks really complex as you say

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back