Are You CN This?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supersonic2p3 said:
CN I mean cartoon network is dead to me now except for shows like naruto, chowder, and Bakugan.

Waht is it about bad anime that people like? Naruto sucks, and Bakugan is ANOTHER Anime based off of a card game thing. Chowder is the only decent show you listed.

Nathan Speed said:
Supersonic2p3 said:
CN I mean cartoon network is dead to me now except for shows like naruto, chowder, and Bakugan.

Waht is it about bad anime that people like? Naruto sucks, and Bakugan is ANOTHER Anime based off of a card game thing. Chowder is the only decent show you listed.
Finally! A reasonable person.

Face it. Naruto is everything you get from DBZ.... But with ninjas. And Bakugan? Do I really have to explain this one? Anime based on a card game. Total failure.

Chowder, Flapjack, Brave and the Bold, Alien Force, Secret Saturdays... I'm serious. In the modern age of cartoons, these stand out as the best, in my opinion.

That would depend on what year you were around. Most of us here have seen the shows from the late 80's and early 90's. Trust me that the old batman that appeared on Kids WB was way better than what im seeing in this.

Even "The batman", reguardless of it's odd taste in character design, was better than most shows that are on Cartoon network now.

Nathan Speed said:
Supersonic2p3 said:

I was joking about bakugan but naruto is pretty cool to me, my bro likes bakugan though (I don't know why)

The reason naruto sucks now is because of the filler cycle. But that'll change this saturday when Naruto: Shipuuden comes to CN. Finally, the better series is coming.

Fyrus said:
The reason naruto sucks now is because of the filler cycle. But that'll change this saturday when Naruto: Shipuuden comes to CN. Finally, the better series is coming.
You're lying right, shippuden isn't really going to show this saturday is it?

SONIC'S SENTRY said:
Chowder, Flapjack, Brave and the Bold, Alien Force, Secret Saturdays... I'm serious. In the modern age of cartoons, these stand out as the best, in my opinion.

This. This. THIS. So very much this.
Modern cartoons to me are just stupid kids things. What happened to the violence? The HUMOR? The dirty jokes that you need to really LISTEN to to understand? All gone. At least they show Tom and Jerry in the morning, that's the best show on Cartoon Network ever. You Are Here is the only time I can watch CN without wondering why the hell i'm not watching Spongebob right now. Yeah, I like Spongebob. It's a nice show. But I digress, CN has lost it's luster. Along with Toonami.

Though the New Years Day Looney Tunes marathon was nice.

Nathan Speed said:
SONIC'S SENTRY said:

This. This. THIS. So very much this.
Modern cartoons to me are just stupid kids things. What happened to the violence? The HUMOR? The dirty jokes that you need to really LISTEN to to understand? All gone. At least they show Tom and Jerry in the morning, that's the best show on Cartoon Network ever. You Are Here is the only time I can watch CN without wondering why the hell i'm not watching Spongebob right now. Yeah, I like Spongebob. It's a nice show. But I digress, CN has lost it's luster. Along with Toonami.
blame the over protective parents and the american censorship for our crappy cartoons of today.

Though the New Years Day Looney Tunes marathon was nice.
wtf. what happened to what I typed. okay then here we gpo again, blame the over protective parents and the american censorship for our bad cartoons.

It's loosing views reguardless. The episodes are too repeitive and dull in it's plots.

A friend of mine mentioned that they won't continue the rest of the cycle and just skip to Shippuuden.

Batman: the Brave and the Bold. Bwa ha ha! More like Batman Leads the Teen Titans And Justice League.

Alien Force. NO!

Chowder, Flapjack. NEIN! Grim Adventures would kick them off the air without even trying.

The Triple E: HOORAH!

Dexter: Not season three. Otherwise, HOORAH!

PPG: As above.

Samurai Jack: HAI!

'Nuff said.

Eh, I was flipping through channel and saw that 6teen was on, so I decided to watch it. I laughed one or two times, but that was it.

TrueTenguMan said:
That would depend on what year you were around. Most of us here have seen the shows from the late 80's and early 90's. Trust me that the old batman that appeared on Kids WB was way better than what im seeing in this.

Even "The batman", reguardless of it's odd taste in character design, was better than most shows that are on Cartoon network now.
Eh.... I've seen the old Batman cartoom and the Batman, and they were great. It's just... I'm not really sure how to respond to this.

I think I'm going to list my opinions of the shows that the dying network has right now:
Ben 10/Alien Force: Grouping them up because it's pretty much the same thing. Don't get me wrong, though. I love these two sagas. I just wish there was a bit more to Alien Force...
Bakugan: Ha! More like CRAPugan! Seriously, Yu-Gi-Oh should've been the only card/item-based anime out there!
Billy & Mandy: Now THIS one they should put on more often! Two episodes on Wednesday is NOT enough for my taste!
The Brave and the Bold: Keep this one, for the simple fact that it reverts to the older style of Batman.
Chowder: Not bad, but they should cut back on the episodes a bit. They're just showing the same ones over and over again.
Clone Wars: Keep this one up. It's a great bridge between the second and third movies in my opinion.
Flapjack: Same here. The Kid Nickles/Sweet Life combo is a big example of this.
George of the Jungle: Another one they nearly killed...it's not as good as the others, but some people might like it.
Mucha Lucha: Some might ask why they brought this back, but it's still better than most of the stuff they've got.
Naruto: I don't know why so many people are against this show. I'll admit that the episodes that were recently aired aren't as good as I'd like, but Shippuden should come up in a couple months. (I'm really doubting they'll show it right off the bat.)
Pokémon: Move this forward and I'll be happy for the most part.
Robotboy: Not bad, but too infrequent.
Skunk Fu: I'll admit it, I didn't like this at first, but when I gave it a chance, I found it to be somewhat enjoyable. Just get some newer ones on, and we'll be alright.
Total Drama Island/6teen: Kill them both! Reality Crap is NOT my cup of tea!
Tom and Jerry: Keep this one! You never, EVER want to mess with the classics!
Transformers: Yes, it's still on, but it's WAY to infrequent to be noticed.

I may have missed a few, but they're not really noteworthy in my eyes. One example of this are "baby" shows like Baby Looney Toons and Pup Named Scooby Doo.

Genndy Tartakovsky did the Clone Wars right. No BS character that doesn't show up in ROTS, no need for witty banter, and no CGI.

SONIC'S SENTRY said:
Anime based on a card game. Total failure.

Not Yugioh. Can't lump Bakugan and Yugioh together.

At least Pokemon still has a place to air its anime. Plus, Naruto can go ahead and spill its filler stories. They'll probably start Hurricane Chronicles during the summer or fall.

TDI is doing reruns right now. However, I haven't seen the last episode of the season. Hopefully, I'll catch it this time around.

BTW, Zion, you're missing Secret Saturdays.

Pokemon is getting less views as it is. The anime should just be releasted on dvd.

Alien force is good, but getting stale in some episodes. Alien X wasn't all that to be honest....

Secret saturdays.....is that all they can come up with??

B&B (brave and the bold), I don't know....it's acceptable, but it's not the same you know?

Transformers, art style may be odd, but it was doing good (though some of the bad guys were something I would see in a 50's comic book >>) Stick with the decepticons and they have a winner.

Bakugan, poor voice acting...like 4Kids bad (....well not that bad....), the story is decent enough for a rainy day.

Clone wars....I love star wars, but this wasn't what I had in mind. Next episode is repeating again....JarJar has to save the jedi,wait.....JarJar had to save pademe (correct the name). Should of just stick with the other series.

TrueTenguMan said:
Clone wars....I love star wars, but this wasn't what I had in mind. Next episode is repeating again....JarJar has to save the jedi,wait.....JarJar had to save Padme. Should of just stick with the other series.

Name corrected!

Yeah, not only that, Darth Tyranus is stuck with the Jedi. Lots of other shows have an episode where heroes and villains have to truce to escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back