lotr3-movie-screencaps.com-.jpg

Just played the pack for the first time, and I wanted to shout out to you because these are seriously great! I've been trying out as many packs as I can to play with my friends and rarely do I get to say that playing a track is genuinely exciting, but I never know what to expect around any given corner on these. That does lead to some initial readability issues on your first lap (which some of my friends would hate, unfortunately) but makes for a genuinely thrilling time for me.
I haven't seen any other trackdev with a similar design philosophy to yours, please keep up the good work!

I just wanted to say that Kart Manufactory is such an awesome course concept, and the fact that the empty karts have Hornmod clips when it's enabled is a genius addition.

Is there a Hellmap set that has old Desert Rift? It's one of those cases where I feel both tracks could largely exist with each other, since even the previous version was a great course in its own right and they don't share much of the same layout besides the opening.

I just wanted to say that Kart Manufactory is such an awesome course concept, and the fact that the empty karts have Hornmod clips when it's enabled is a genius addition.

Is there a Hellmap set that has old Desert Rift? It's one of those cases where I feel both tracks could largely exist with each other, since even the previous version was a great course in its own right and they don't share much of the same layout besides the opening.

What do you mean "Hell map set"? MAPMX is old Desert Rift, if you still want to play it.

Eldog updated μpak v12 with a new update entry:

Historical Changelog

V1:
- Release
V2:
- Added Cascade Glade
- Fixed minor issues in Neon Sands
- De-Glued tunnel shortcut in Neon Sands
- Added an indication of the first turn to Suburban Scramble
- Added a third set of item boxes to Suburban Scramble
V2.1:
- Oops forgot boss waypoints in Cascade Glade (Items should behave normally now)
- Minor tweaks/visual improvements to Cascade Glade
V3:
- Added Parking Lot Panic
V3.1:
- I used V2 as the base for V3...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Eldog updated μpak with a new update entry:

µpak v13 Released

After like 6 months, I finally put the bamboo textures Marsh drew me to good use. That's a load off my chest.

Changelog:
- Updated forum post (I figured I should really give it a facelift now that the message board doesn't suck ass).
- Updated track thumbnails because they were downscaled by like 3 different people and lacked consistency.
- Added death plane in Desert Rift Neos (near the bridge).
- Added death plane...

Read the rest of this update entry...

This is one of my absolute favorite map packs by a longshot! I almost always play multiple maps from this every time I play SRB2Kart! It's become something of a ritual for me to close out each session with some chill Neon Sands...

I was wondering, is there any chance you could add Suburban Scramble and the old Desert Rift back to the map roster so they're easy to access? I'd prefer not to have to use commands and I'd like them to show up in the map vote/selection screens. The original Desert Rift map doesn't seem to work for me either when using the console; Suburban Scramble works via console command but "MAPMX" just throws an error. I agree with what Lightsideluc said, the two variants of Desert Rift are so distinct (and fun) they really both deserve to be available. Me and my friend really liked those maps so I'd appreciate it! Or maybe you could remove the disabled maps from the main pack and add them and any future disabled maps to a separate legacy pack so we can run them alongside the newest ones?

Really looking forward to the new map and update!

This is one of my absolute favorite map packs by a longshot! I almost always play multiple maps from this every time I play SRB2Kart! It's become something of a ritual for me to close out each session with some chill Neon Sands...

I was wondering, is there any chance you could add Suburban Scramble and the old Desert Rift back to the map roster so they're easy to access? I'd prefer not to have to use commands and I'd like them to show up in the map vote/selection screens. The original Desert Rift map doesn't seem to work for me either when using the console; Suburban Scramble works via console command but "MAPMX" just throws an error. I agree with what Lightsideluc said, the two variants of Desert Rift are so distinct (and fun) they really both deserve to be available. Me and my friend really liked those maps so I'd appreciate it! Or maybe you could remove the disabled maps from the main pack and add them and any future disabled maps to a separate legacy pack so we can run them alongside the newest ones?

Really looking forward to the new map and update!
I don't currently have any plans to add those maps back into rotation. Personally, I think they are some of the oldest and stinkiest layouts, and I'd like to redo more of my old maps in the future. The only way I can see myself releasing a legacy pack is if I run out of M_ map slots.

However, if you want to add those maps back into rotation yourself, you should look into rewriting the level headers for Desert Rift and Suburban Scramble, and loading that after you load Mupak.

Even if I dislike them, I'm glad you get something out of my old maps. Thank you for the kind words!

I don't currently have any plans to add those maps back into rotation. Personally, I think they are some of the oldest and stinkiest layouts, and I'd like to redo more of my old maps in the future. The only way I can see myself releasing a legacy pack is if I run out of M_ map slots.

However, if you want to add those maps back into rotation yourself, you should look into rewriting the level headers for Desert Rift and Suburban Scramble, and loading that after you load Mupak.

Even if I dislike them, I'm glad you get something out of my old maps. Thank you for the kind words!
I understand, I hope you'll at least leave them in the file so we can still always reenable them. By the way, it seems like the map folder of Desert Rift Classic is missing from the newest file, so I had to move the folder over from an older version of Mupak that I thankfully still had. Speaking of, would you please consider uploading the older file versions for archival purposes? You can just hide it under a spoiler if you want to dissuade casual or disinterested users from getting outdated builds. I know you aren't fond of the old maps but I'm sure there are at least a few other people like Lightsideluc and who would be really sad if we were to lose access to them permanently. I'm sure you know what it's like to get attached to the feel of certain track layouts, and Desert Rift Classic and Suburban Scramble have a fun feel to them imo, even if the visuals aren't quite as elaborate as your newer tracks. It would be really cool to see Suburban Scramble revamped at some point as well!

And thanks for the wiki link, I managed to get it working after a little tinkering despite being a bit overwhelmed at first due to being a complete noob.

If anyone else is wondering exactly how to get the two old maps back in the map select: you're going to need to open an older build (one that contains classic Desert Rift) and the newest build of Mupak in Slade. Now open open up the old Desert Rift map folder and rename the "Marker" file at the top from "MAPM0" to "MAPMX". Next Rename the old Desert Rift map folder to "MAPMX - Desert Rift Classic", then copy and paste that map folder out of the old version's Maps folder and into the newest version's Maps folder. Then in the Soc folder of the new Mupak open MAINCFG and find the entries for Suburban Scramble and Desert Rift Classic and delete the "Hidden = True" lines for both (make sure to click the little floppy disk "Save" button under "Entry Contents" at the top left of the window, otherwise the CFG changes won't apply). Finally, open up the Music folder of the new Mupak and copy and paste the file "O_MAPM0M" and then rename the copy to "O_MAPMXM".

Last edited:
Why does Conveyor Conundrum have no thumbnail graphic? I checked and there was no graphic in version 13.
1701932357023.png

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back