Android 2.2.7 - Was it "butchered"?

Julia

A fan of this cool game since the PSP days.
Android SRB2. It exists, yes? It was the best thing to exist for most players. As of 2.2.7, however, it's been butchered in some instances. For example, OpenGL was removed. I feel like there should've been 2 versions, one for high-end, and one for low-end. Next up, the native resolutions. While it may be nice, setting it to certain resolutions crashed my device. I'm stuck with some low quality resolution. Finally, the new menus. While it is cool, sometimes my touch doesn't respond. Overall, the port is pretty mediocre now. It was a bit better before.

5/10

EDIT: Online was also cut. Now THAT'S too far.
EDIT 2: A patch was released on github fixing 2 of my issues, adding another issue. The hitboxes were still unadjusted for OGL. This and online can be fixed. New rating: 6/10

Last edited:
That really Sucks tho, I wonder if they did the same mistake sega did with Sonic 06, They rushed the development. At Least its a fan game with multiple updates :D

I have a big problem with adding new layouts I can't really add jumps, spin etc and when I deleted the layout it deleted the default layout

The Android port isn't "butchered" - it just happened not to participate in the community beta testing rounds and ended up having accidental issues like any other patch would have. Luckily for you, it doesn't require to be patched on step with releases for non-mobile platforms, so you can sit down, report the issues you're experiencing in a proper way, and wait patiently or play on another platform until the pertinent fixes are released.

Keep in mind that the Android port is an experimental effort maintained by a single developer. SRB2 was never meant to go mobile in the first place, and even though we do officially endorse the ports, it's still the voluntary work it's always been. We're not Sega, we're not getting paid - we don't take "ratings" for what we do in our spare time.

What Tats said.

Also if I'm being blunt, personally, Mobile Play online tends to be horrifically laggy to all parties involved, as the few times I've noticed others using it have resulted in major slowdown on everyone's end until they left, whether or not they usually have good internet.

Through this, it's simple enough to deduce from my end it's much more difficult getting multiplayer onto mobile than it is on PC.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back