Team Fortress 2 update thread. No hatin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.tf2wh.com/

Fancy new trading site where you indirectly buy and sell items through bots and databases. Basically, you sign in with your steam account, request a trade on the site and a bot will friend request you and send you a trade invite. You can then trade items through the bot in exchange for credits, which are kept track of on the site. You can use these credits to buy items that other people have sold, which is done gain via bots. The site explains it better than I can.

It's a really nifty system and I've already sold a few duplicate weapons and hats and got some strange weapons that I've been wanting.

This site is the best thing ever, but so many people are using it that it encounters frequent bugs :<

From tf2wh I got:
Genuine Killer Exclusive
Détective Noir
Pencil Pusher
Balaclavas Are Forever (paint)
Strange flare gun
Strange crusader's crossbow
Several weapons
a few paper hats that I crafted to get:
Shooter's sola topi
Prairie Heel Biters

And I got all this from selling ugly hats and items for classes I don't play like the xmas tree, the armored authority and some vintage weapons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay! Monoculus is fun, I get Ghastlierest Gibus, and the new gifts are more rewarding!

Monoculus was easier than the horseless headless horseman, that's for sure. I pretty much got the badge and the head gear from him this evening.

I will say this Halloween gave out a lot of good stuff though and the different costume sets are interesting.

Seeing as no one has mentioned this yet, I figured I would. TF2 was updated today, called Australian Christmas 2011.

http://www.teamfortress.com/australianchristmas2011/index.html

We get some new sets for Pyro and Engineer, plus a new weapon for Spy and Scout. Along with a bunch of Christmas themed hats and items. And Naughty and Nice Crates, and keys for both of them. We also got a new CP map called Foundery.

And yeah, I started playing TF2 a week ago. Pretty fun, though I'm still F2P. :(

Man, it sucks to only have one space in its inventory right?

Anyway I found the update to be disappointing; as in there could be much more weapons.

I mean, look up the last year's Australian Christmas! There were more than 8 weapons in it. In fact, there was literally the double of the amount we had in this update!

VALVe, I am disappoint.

IMO Brown, I think's it's better they limited themselves on bringing out more weapons cause lets be honest. . .The Brass Beat was practically pointless and even though the Crusader Crossbow is a pretty decent weapon for Alt-healing, it's reload makes it horrible.

These on the other hand seem to focus on Engineer who REALLY needed more weapons than anyone, which I do approve of and they seem to be effective to say the least. The Pyro on the other hand has a decent flamethrower here, but it still looks like Valve is covering up Pyros flaws with these weapon effects, but I can't deny either that Pyro's new load out is very good for dealing damage which he should be doing anyway. . .

But getting to my point, these weapons seems more thought out and actually usable. I mean unless you want more weapons but 2/3rds of them are hardly effective.

Last edited:
I'm more interested in new maps than new weapons, so good thing we got one of those too.

(Of course, I haven't booted up TF2 in months, but still...)

I'm kind of amazed that this game is still updated even after Valve eliminated the price on it. Somebody high up must really love this game.

It's called having fans. That's why Valve made it F2P in the first place; the Mann Co. Store was enough income to make it Free.

Correct, over its life time pre-F2P the Mann Co. Store had made Valve more money than TF2 sales by a huge amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back