This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Zoraxua

Idiot Hybrid
A simple lua which kinda restores the match Super System to 2.1(?)

srb20069.gif

Comes with comments on because I thought it'd be useful for people who want to understand it more.
Feel free to alter it to better suit your preferences. Should work on every character and should be safe to have active during Co-op and etc too!
Apologies if the comments aren't helpful enough

(All versions below)

Attachments

• VL_MatchSuper-v1.lua
    1.9 KB · Views: 391
  • VL_MatchSuper-v2.lua
    5.5 KB · Views: 60
  • VL_MatchSuper-v3.lua
    14.2 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
This. Is going IN ALL OF MY SERVERS, THANK YOU SO MUCH! However, does this also work in ctf (Yes I have stupid, I'm sorry)

This mod is good, but it has a few bugs that need to be fixed.

1.You don't need all emeralds to go super
This kind of defeats the purpose of the emeralds, as just getting 50 rings allows you to transform, meaning you may as well just play co-op with friendlyfire and ringslinger on. I notice that this is because you added the singleplayer emeralds, so that may be the issue.

2.Getting hit does not take away 10 rings
This one irritates MANY players, as in 2.1 it made up for having the ultimate power; it made super forms possible to beat. Here once you're super, you are basically immortal (Unless you fall into a pit, drown or get crushed or command killed.).

3.Some characters don't even function as super and freeze
This one REALLY stinks. Picture this: You've been in a very frustrating battle with players that can hit you from a 10 mile radius and you're in last. But, you finally collected ALL the emeralds and you can finally turn the tables. You see the super animation but- wait, WHAT!? WHY CAN'T I MOVE!? Your rings don't even go down so your stuck there unless you suicide but: I don't want to do that!

4.Emeralds respawn after being super
I just don't get this. Why does this happen? This means even after someone goes super, someone else can get them all and go super as well, making emeralds EVEN more useless.

5.Some characters lose their super jumping animation
To be honest, this is more of a nitpick but it still bugs me. When jumping as the super version of some characters, they use their walking or running animation rather than their jumping animation.

I'm not saying this addon is bad, because it's actually really good. It's just that there are a few problems that need to be fixed. Just some constructive criticism, no?

Last edited:
Well, it seems like it's time to bring a rain of destruction to Match with Super Shadow's Chaos Spear :3

1: You uh, do need the emeralds... I think you have addons that are also changing super flags
2: This is something I could try working on but I added a 20 second timer instead so rings are focused on being ammo rather than their own timer
3: ???
4: I don't really have control over powerstones, from what I can tell their respawn rate is hardcoded or isn't noted anywhere on the Wiki, sorry
5: ???

I tested this addon with all the vanilla cast in match, point 1 3 and 5 never came up even once. I never responded at first because I'm pretty sure that these 3 issues are due to addon clashing, such as adding in, addons that change super flags (Including Super for everyone, Tails' super flickies, etc) but I'm responding since you brought it up again in the help section, again what I suggest is, trying to play in vanilla first, I think

I think from this I can only really work on point 2 but I feel it'd be a much better experience if there was a short, about 20 second timer for super rather than getting stunlocked for 3 minutes.. Sorry ahaha

1: You uh, do need the emeralds... I think you have addons that are also changing super flags
2: This is something I could try working on but I added a 20 second timer instead so rings are focused on being ammo rather than their own timer
3: ???
4: I don't really have control over powerstones, from what I can tell their respawn rate is hardcoded or isn't noted anywhere on the Wiki, sorry
5: ???

I tested this addon with all the vanilla cast in match, point 1 3 and 5 never came up even once. I never responded at first because I'm pretty sure that these 3 issues are due to addon clashing, such as adding in, addons that change super flags (Including Super for everyone, Tails' super flickies, etc) but I'm responding since you brought it up again in the help section, again what I suggest is, trying to play in vanilla first, I think

I think from this I can only really work on point 2 but I feel it'd be a much better experience if there was a short, about 20 second timer for super rather than getting stunlocked for 3 minutes.. Sorry ahaha
Right, yea, it was just a mod that i added.
See, I usually load a server pack when hosting, but I guess that destroys your mod oof

This is really fun, but I've come to find the 20 Second Time limit a bit of a pain sometimes. I'd love to have the option to set the Super Time Limit via Console. Maybe something like: mp_superformtime x (can also be set to off to disable the time limit)

It could also be useful to display the time limit of the Super Form to all players, maybe in the centre at the top of the screen saying something like:
Super Player
xx
since as of writing this, reverting via the Time Limit doesn't announce that you're no longer Super

These are just my thoughts since this is SUPER fun with the Ringslinger Bots, but these minor inconveniences can really hinder the enjoyment

Zoraxua updated Super in Ringslinger with a new update entry:

The 'I stuffed it all in one update' update

• Added rawset MP_MatchSuper, purely so other mods can tell when it's loaded
  • Added new command: MP_PowerstoneTimer
    • This value lets the host/admins specifically set how long the Super limit lasts for (Running out of rings still bypasses the timer)
    • The cvar can be set to 0, which disables the mod entierly
    • The cvar can be set to -1, which limits players to their ring count and ignores timer checks
[ATTACH alt="Metal Sonic goes Super with a short...

Read the rest of this update entry...

HOLY-
This is PERFECT! This tackled all of the issues I mentioned previously, and then some! Thank you so much for this and I think I'll be having a Superb time with this now!

Also, I noticed that insta-transform collectable in the gifs. An idea there could be a toggleable feature where after a certain amount of time has passed (or maybe if a specific thing is reached) that Insta-Transform collectable can spawn randomly in the stage (maybe announced) - I could even try and make a custom sprite for it if needed!

Also, I noticed that you don't lost (I think) 20 Rings upon getting hit by an enemy (this could also be a togglable thing) - might wanna fix that

Again, thank you so much for this! You're the best!

Last edited:
[...]Also, I noticed that insta-transform collectable in the gifs. An idea there could be a toggleable feature where after a certain amount of time has passed (or maybe if a specific thing is reached) that Insta-Transform collectable can spawn randomly in the stage (maybe announced)[...]
Been working on something like that for a little bit since I released v3 of this. I would've submitted it sooner but everytime I go "Well this works and it's fine" I always soon after go "Hmmm but what if I added thissss" and even today that's just happened now, ahh qwq
I'll try pry myself from constantly trying more stuff on it and get it into release submission soon, but for now, uh, know that it's in development!

Here's a suggestion that I think this mod could use, since after playing with it long enough, I realise that being completely invincible can make things a little too easy at times, so I figure this suggestion is a way to fix this:
"SuperVulnerabilty" which toggles how vulnerable Super Forms can be. Setting it to "0" basically sets the Super Forms to be immune to all damage as they are now, "1" uses the 2.1 damage vulnerabilty, where getting hit by a thrown ring chips (IIRC) 5 Rings off you and can be vulnerable to Elemental Fire Trails , "2" balances Super Forms a little further by also making them able to be sent flying by Rail Rings and chip 10 Rings instead, which rewards good aiming. I figure this'd add more strategy to both sides rather than forcing the non-Supers to flee all the time and also becaue RailAI bots keep trying to shoot Super foes so I figure I'd make their efforts somewhat worthwhile

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back