Hejod

After messing with Zone Builder for couple of weeks I finally made my first stage.

It's one-act zone inspired by Jade Coast from Mystic Realms. Feel free to share any criticism and feedback.

Attachments

• VS_TropicoValley-v1.7z
    59.8 KB · Views: 2,934
  • srb3.png
    srb3.png
    427.2 KB · Views: 888
  • srb1.png
    srb1.png
    275.3 KB · Views: 809
  • srb2.png
    srb2.png
    308.4 KB · Views: 684
  • srb5.png
    srb5.png
    358.7 KB · Views: 644
  • srb6.png
    srb6.png
    584.2 KB · Views: 547
  • srb20009.gif
    srb20009.gif
    4.7 MB · Views: 596
Welcome to releases! However, you never flagged any of your rings to float in Zone Builder.

For someone's first released stage, this is a very good effort! Aside from the rings that lack the float tag as D00D64 mentioned, there are also a few areas like this.

xraMGdX.png

For small ledges like this, you're probably better off having a step up or slope across the side of the platform you want players to climb up on to naturally platform out with instead of a single spring in the corner the player needs to run to. There are also a few areas where yellow springs are hidden in the corner as the only method to escape deeper pits, I expect those areas would flow a little better with a few more springs on the side of the pit you want the player to escape from as well because right now it's a pace killer when the player has to walk to the solitary spring in the far corner of the room after falling.

Otherwise, a lot of the smaller problems in this map are things you learn to improve on with experience. So I'll definitely look forward to seeing what else you make because as I said earlier, this is a solid first map!

A tad rough around the edges and could use work here and there, but I enjoyed my romp through it! I hope to see something amazing from you in the future.

Excellent first map! There were a few details that were missed, like the aforementioned nonfloating rings, some missing pegging on FOFs, and ledges that were a tad too skinny, but overall this was a solid and fun level. It was a good length, too, which is hard to get right!

My biggest complaint is that the textures jarringly change theme halfway through and make the level decidedly uglier, then change back. The change doesn't really do or say anything, and I'd suggest making those rocky textures more in line with the established theme of the level.

That's really a nitpick though, and again, it's an awesome map for a first. Good job!

Just tint / hueshift everything that's not yellow, to yellow, or maybe a complimentary color like blue... actually dont do that unless it looks good.

Está perrísimo el nivel y toda la cosa te daría un +100 si estuviéramos en taringa, eso de caerse al agua y volver a subir puede parecer molesto pero a mi me parece justo por perder xd

i'm very scared if some moderator makes me another infraction, but...

Me sorprende de que todavía haya gente de idioma español en estos servers, me alegraste el dia XD.

Está perrísimo el nivel y toda la cosa te daría un +100 si estuviéramos en taringa, eso de caerse al agua y volver a subir puede parecer molesto pero a mi me parece justo por perder xd

There says "This is a pretty cool level and that, i would give you a "100" if we were in Taringa, but that of falling into the water and going back up may would be annoying, but it seems fair to me losing."

"Perrisimo" in spanish is used more for "Pretty cool".

i don't know why google translator said "pretty bad", but i can say, that he was being constructive, not rude. (My original language is spanish, so)

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back