• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Team Prismatic (Mystic Realm: Community Edition)

Oh that reminds me, have the latest compilation!
And the latest Styles.pk3

Yume's JCZ2 edit has been properly implemented this time, it is now more open and expansive.
Added a newish vfz2 by Radicalicious, it's still the same level, but now has the textures and colormap to match vfz1
Gave Sonic the Rebound Dash
Added a new act 2 theme for MFZ by yume
Re-arranged the order of the Chaos Emeralds to better fit the theme of the zones they appear in. Blue can be found in JCZ/MKZ, purple is still in TVZ/RKZ, green is now in VFZ/LWZ, red is located in FRZ/Vulcan Forge Zone, Cyan is in MFZ/SCZ, orange is in SPZ/NCZ, and white is still in AGZ/STZ. This is only noticeable in the hud graphics on the status screen / file select because:
Added a new script by me that changes emerald collecting in each of the emerald stages. The player will be automatically granted the emerald on exiting the stage. As such, the emerald object and emerald gates have been removed.
Added new file select graphics by dirk
VFZ3, LWZ, and FRZ2 have received visual polish to better match the zones they're from.
custom hud has been adjusted
removed the red emerald from jcz1 (why it was still there idk)
fixed some major issues with the emerald script
rebound dash, sloperollangle, momentum, and spintrail have been moved to a new file

Note: "me" in this changelog refers to the complier of this build, Xian.exe.

Anyways, weekly-ish news:
- TVZ1 experimental merger has been submitted.
- Sunken Plant is the 2nd zone to be confirmed to be getting a complete and utter remake.
- Thok debates.
- VFZ is also planned to recieve a merger into one act.
- AGZ is gonna be an interesting set of mergers:
AGZ1: AGZ1, AGZ2, original segments.
AGZ2: AGZ3, original segments, STZ, original Golden Sands Zone.
STZ: Original segments, IIRC. Maybe pieces of the OG layout will seep through.
- Honey has been proposed as an AGZ2 gimmick.
- It has been decided to revamp and add onto the MP maps Mystic Realm once had, down the line, possibly with a custom gamemode as a pipe dream?

Just thought I would drop my two cents in regards to thok:

Should the decision be made to replace Sonic's ability in this modpack and the levels end up being designed with his new ability in mind, I feel that it's a perfect opportunity to stress test the idea in regards to community feedback. Many ideas for what to replace Sonic's thok with have been submitted, but there's not much in the way of any opportunity right now for us to properly test these abilities in levels actually made with them in mind.

Many users, myself included will likely be more readily able to accept the thok to be replaced in the vanilla game after experiencing what a well designed replacement can do in an environment meant for it, or alternatively it might serve to reaffirm that the thok is the better alternative. This is a fantastic chance to properly put that to the test.

Just thought I would drop my two cents in regards to thok:

Should the decision be made to replace Sonic's ability in this modpack and the levels end up being designed with his new ability in mind, I feel that it's a perfect opportunity to stress test the idea in regards to community feedback. Many ideas for what to replace Sonic's thok with have been submitted, but there's not much in the way of any opportunity right now for us to properly test these abilities in levels actually made with them in mind.

Many users, myself included will likely be more readily able to accept the thok to be replaced in the vanilla game after experiencing what a well designed replacement can do in an environment meant for it, or alternatively it might serve to reaffirm that the thok is the better alternative. This is a fantastic chance to properly put that to the test.
We played with this idea for a bit, but it was only met with drama and constant argument, so the rebound dash (the proposed change) was moved back to styles.pk3

We played with this idea for a bit, but it was only met with drama and constant argument, so the rebound dash (the proposed change) was moved back to styles.pk3

Note that there was effectively 3 parties:
- Those who were fine with the stuff being in the main level pack (due to V6 being designed around most of it.)
- Those who liked the stuff, but felt that it wasn't the place of a level pack to alter the base gameplay.
- Those who prefer the Thok.

In the end, the compromise of re-introducing styles.pk3 was done to appease as many as possible.

That's all fair enough. I'm generally a thok fan myself, so I'm not going to get heartbroken by the split of a replacement into a companion file. I do still generally feel that a level or pack of levels specifically made to showcase a new ability is the best way of stress testing any potential thok replacements though. It doesn't have to be Mystic Realm. It doesn't even need to get made at all. I just feel that it would be the best method of putting such ideas out there. It does multiple things:

1. It forces the level/ability designer to consider how the ability plays in a practical sense. How well the ability performs within the level design, and how well the level design compliments the ability. In short, the designer needs to take game flow into consideration properly.

2. It gives others a chance to test it out properly to draw a more proper comparison to the thok.

Maybe someday there could be a level design contest for levels made with thok replacements in mind or something. That's all from me regarding this topic though. This is the Mystic Realm editing thread, not another thok debate thread.

Oh that reminds me, have the latest compilation!
And the latest Styles.pk3

Yume's JCZ2 edit has been properly implemented this time, it is now more open and expansive.
Added a newish vfz2 by Radicalicious, it's still the same level, but now has the textures and colormap to match vfz1
Gave Sonic the Rebound Dash
Added a new act 2 theme for MFZ by yume
Re-arranged the order of the Chaos Emeralds to better fit the theme of the zones they appear in. Blue can be found in JCZ/MKZ, purple is still in TVZ/RKZ, green is now in VFZ/LWZ, red is located in FRZ/Vulcan Forge Zone, Cyan is in MFZ/SCZ, orange is in SPZ/NCZ, and white is still in AGZ/STZ. This is only noticeable in the hud graphics on the status screen / file select because:
Added a new script by me that changes emerald collecting in each of the emerald stages. The player will be automatically granted the emerald on exiting the stage. As such, the emerald object and emerald gates have been removed.
Added new file select graphics by dirk
VFZ3, LWZ, and FRZ2 have received visual polish to better match the zones they're from.
custom hud has been adjusted
removed the red emerald from jcz1 (why it was still there idk)
fixed some major issues with the emerald script
rebound dash, sloperollangle, momentum, and spintrail have been moved to a new file

Awesome. It's Exiting When It Get Updated.

srb20068.gif

I would like to submit an enemy I made called the UltraBuzz.
It's faster than It's red brothers and could be used in AGZ.
UPDATE: Fixed so that it does not replace the Hornet Crawla.

Attachments

• ultrabuzz.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
We've been very hard at work on this project, and I'd like to share the progress we've made so far. In comparison to the build previously released on this page, the following changes have been made:
A critical error in Aerial Garden has been fixed, where the fight against the Egg Fighter would be skipped. PAZ is accessible now.
New rotating papersprite emblems have been added, they slowly spin around, and if they haven't been collected yet, they also emit small sparkles
A new emblem hud has been added to the status / scores screen, showing what emblems have and have not been collected.
All of VFZ has a new 3D skybox
Tempest Valley Act 1 & 2 have been merged into one act. As of now, there is no longer a second act, though a future update will have one. Currently, act 1 skips to act 3 unless warping to RKZ
The credits are now an unlockable, and can be viewed at any time after beating the game.
Modern Sonic has been given his own custom hudstyle, if playing as him, simply do `hudstyle 0` in the console (only works if modern was added before the level pack)
A number of HOM's and painless bramble pits in vfz1 have been found and fixed
The game will now automatically save every act, instead of only every zone
Amy, Fang, and Metal Sonic are now automatically unlocked from the start
Aerial Garden has received major overhauls, though is far from finished:
AGZ1 & 2 have been merged down to act 1
Starlight Temple and AGZ3 have been merged down as a placeholder for the new AGZ2 remake
AGZ4 (the Egg Fighter fight) has been moved to act 3
old Starlight Temple is still accessable for the 7th emerald, simply activate the shrine in the agz2 placeholder in the same way you would in stz to get to Inner Sanctum
noreload has finally been trashed, allowing full support for many mods like everythingthoks, srb2randomizer, etc, and has been replaced with a new lua script to remember any activated shrines. To go with this, a new hud script has been added to the status / scores screen that shows if a shrine has been activated or not.
styles.pk3 is still the same, and can still be downloaded here
we also set up a gitlab, where you can compile for yourself any beta builds, or download the latest stable: https://gitlab.com/team-prismatic/mystic-realm-ce
(or you could just download v0.0.7b here)
As always, the discord can be found here, where you can keep up with the latest information, and also help contribute: https://discord.gg/HFyEsCYsy4

Well, I hope it works out well. I don't like Mystic Realm, but I am neutral about its alteration. I'm browsing discord and there are moments that I really do not like, but i don't interfere. For example AGZ. I saw and played only the beginning (as I understand it, only he is done?), but it seemed to me very bad. I don't quite understand your purpose.

It feels like you want to remake it somehow for yourself. How do you want to do this? Why are you changing the levels so drastically? I thought it was just a rework for 2.2 with the addition of slopes and some details... but I see that this is a complete rework? AGZ looks very scary. Why such a mix of textures? Why are there gargoyles from ATZ? What other trees? What is this 3D skyblock? What is this fog at the bottom of the level?

I am not an expert in this regard, but I think it is bad. I know that you are in the process, but I would like to hope that everything will be fine.

Well, I hope it works out well. I don't like Mystic Realm, but I am neutral about its alteration. I'm browsing discord and there are moments that I really do not like, but i don't interfere. For example AGZ. I saw and played only the beginning (as I understand it, only he is done?), but it seemed to me very bad. I don't quite understand your purpose.

It feels like you want to remake it somehow for yourself. How do you want to do this? Why are you changing the levels so drastically? I thought it was just a rework for 2.2 with the addition of slopes and some details... but I see that this is a complete rework? AGZ looks very scary. Why such a mix of textures? Why are there gargoyles from ATZ? What other trees? What is this 3D skyblock? What is this fog at the bottom of the level?

I am not an expert in this regard, but I think it is bad. I know that you are in the process, but I would like to hope that everything will be fine.
I thanos snapped a good portion of AGZ. After getting my ideas straight expect to see a much better one. The discord is a good way to keep tabs on my progress.

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

3d trees are gone. the skybox has been removed for the time being as persistant void and Twins will be helping out with a reworked one that utilizes in map centerpoints.

For your information, MRCE stopped being just a rework for 2.2 a while back, ESPECIALLY in regards to levels that were so poorly designed that they weren't able to be redeemed. (See: Sunken Plant and Midnight Freeze).

Aerial Garden managed to get away with a revamp which also merges acts.

The current plans are such:
JCZ - Getting out mostly unscathed from v6 with some additions. MKZ is being revamped.
TVZ - First 2 acts are merged, 2nd act is going with a vaguely Asian aesthetic. Complete texture revamp planned. Rainstorm Keep is basically getting thrown out and replaced with going through a pagoda.
VFZ - First 2 acts are getting merged, IIRC, 2nd act will focus around a elven forest city. Labyrinth Woods is also getting thrown out and replaced with something, that whilst still uses the idea of a maze, isn't so literal about it.
FRZ - First 2 acts are getting merged, IIRC. 2nd act focus around climbing out of a pit filling up with lava over time as Robotnik mines. Theming is a 3-way conflict between nature, the steampunk of the Mystics, and Robotnik's mining.
MFZ - Complete remake, referencing the old acts at times. First act is a desolate icy mountain forest, 2nd act is a ski resort covering up a safe entrance to SPZ.
SPZ - Complete remake in all aspects.
AGZ - AGZ1 and AGZ2 are being merged, AGZ3 and STZ are getting merged, general design readjustments.

Last edited:
On that note, I don't believe calling something bad simply because it's being completely remade instead of updated for slopes and touch-ups, or even because it's not what you thought it was going to be, is a valid criticism. Just 'cause you don't understand it doesn't make it bad.

That aside, Aerial Garden is looking absolutely beautiful. I've been keeping an eye on the discord as well and I'm really excited to see the finished product. Verdant Forest's updates had me especially interested!

Since I forgot to check anything srb2 related at all today, I'll mention that the skybox is/was a placeholder based off of an earlier, shrunken version of the titlemap I made. I've refrained from making a new one for the zone thus far because it's going to need a bit more figuring out- even then, the current titlemap is a placeholder product. Expect it to, hopefully, look better in the future!

On that note, I don't believe calling something bad simply because it's being completely remade instead of updated for slopes and touch-ups, or even because it's not what you thought it was going to be, is a valid criticism. Just 'cause you don't understand it doesn't make it bad.

That aside, Aerial Garden is looking absolutely beautiful. I've been keeping an eye on the discord as well and I'm really excited to see the finished product. Verdant Forest's updates had me especially interested!

It is very interesting that our opinions differ so dramatically. In any case, it will be necessary to wait for the release, then I will definitely criticize everything. AGZ is very important to me.

And... hey dude! If I had the desire, I would explain every mistake, but I do not want to have anything to do with it.

Does it seem... looks better? I don't really understand why there are trees here from DHZ? And are polyobjects really needed?

Since I forgot to check anything srb2 related at all today, I'll mention that the skybox is/was a placeholder based off of an earlier, shrunken version of the titlemap I made. I've refrained from making a new one for the zone thus far because it's going to need a bit more figuring out- even then, the current titlemap is a placeholder product. Expect it to, hopefully, look better in the future!

I also want to hope that it gets better. 3D skybox looked terrible.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back