Fixed "Dropped Chat:" debug message

Status
Not open for further replies.
49JCEo7.png

Dunno what happened here, but I heard it had something to do with sayto? Not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the Chat messages that aren't showing up after typing them. I've had this particular problem in a friend's server, I'd type a message and then after clicking enter the message would not appear in the chat. A friend of mine also had this same problem. It's fairly annoying and often times I needed to type the same message a few times for it to finally go through. I had some of my friends report that the message did go through on their side, but it would not show up on mine. I'm not exactly sure if this has to do with the Dropped Chat problem Sky has pointed out or if this is even a problem at all.

The dropped chat text is a debug message that shouldn't have made it through to release.

This isn't related to sometimes not having your chat go through or not seeing your own chat.

While I'm here, I'd like to point out that you should never send any sensitive info through sayto or sayteam, nor should you expect any privacy through those commands. The messages are still sent to all players and it's trivial to view them regardless of who you intended to send them to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back