This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Oh my fucking God

This is an absolute childhood throwback I thought I'd never see come back!

2.2 has recently been full of nostalgic ports and comebacks, and I for one, am VERY welcoming of this trend, welcome back!

This character makes spamming Jump an actual strat... and I love it. You can do a lot of tricks just with Jump and Spin. It's also really impressive how you managed to pull off this ton of stuff just with SOC, I heavily depend on Lua for coding characters on the most part (the only exceptions are the S_SKIN and the character select entry... which can't be done on Lua at all lmao)
By the way, a suggestion, why don't you make MD2/3 files of your prerendered characters' models? That would look really cool, along with being able to have a good look at the characters' designs and models.

Last edited:
ok uh... I'd like to say my opinion about this character.
first off... wow, I never thought something like this had existed before.
second: this is one of those characters that suffers from SMS syndrome (too many skills in a button or two [i'm not saying it's a bad thing]), so I wish there was a chance to see all possible moves in the moment like SMS Reborn

ok uh... I'd like to say my opinion about this character.
first off... wow, I never thought something like this had existed before.
second: this is one of those characters that suffers from SMS syndrome (too many skills in a button or two [i'm not saying it's a bad thing]), so I wish there was a chance to see all possible moves in the moment like SMS Reborn

But unlike SMS reborn this character doesn't break srb2 in half every time you press a button in the air, the reason why this mod is really good in my opinion is because he's OP in just the right way and doesn't destroy your device/computer/console when you accidentally press normal fire in the air and infact this character mostly uses the jump button so it makes him the best character to play as on Android while also making other players brease through stages better than tails could ever dream of doing.

Overall I give this character a J U M P/10

But unlike SMS reborn this character doesn't break srb2 in half every time you press a button in the air, the reason why this mod is really good in my opinion is because he's OP in just the right way and doesn't destroy your device/computer/console when you accidentally press normal fire in the air and infact this character mostly uses the jump button so it makes him the best character to play as on Android while also making other players brease through stages better than tails could ever dream of doing.

Overall I give this character a J U M P/10

I would still like a control aid command that allows you to see the moves you can make in the moment.
but beyond that, you're right

srb20406.gif
you're saying... THIS was made with SOCs? *looks inside the file* holy shit its actually powered by SOCs.
this just shows we dont need lua anymore.

Opposite. Lua can do everything SOC can and more. It's also far more concise and easier to read.
i was just joking around. of course Lua is better! i was just saying that because if these abilities are THIS good, lets just phase out Lua! which was the joke.

idk if this is a secret or a bug but If you add overdrive as a bot with any character, overdrive will share the powers and grant the other character some of his powers, its also pretty buggy
Post automatically merged:

srb20006.png
srb20005.gif

uhhh, would you mind changing it into a pk3 or wad file instead of a RAR file?

edit: man this person just won't convert their RAR file into a pk3/wad file

Last edited:
I made this simple .lua file that prevents overdrive from destroying springs & boosters in multiplayer.

It consists of a simple hook, and a similar such hook for all other springs, and for all boosters and their parts, that makes them not die when they get killed and set's RE:Overdrive's target to nil.

These hooks cause RE:Overdrive to, when he attempts to destroy a spring or booster with a Void Slash, instead perform a Final Diamond Cracker if no rings or walls are nearby; if rings are nearby, he'll instead perform a Light Speed Dash, and if a wall is nearby, he'll instead walljump, and nothing too weird happens if both rings and walls are nearby when he attempts to destroy a spring or booster with a Void Slash.

After RE:Overdrive attempts to use Void Slash on a Spring or Booster, the Spring or Booster will function normally.

Attachments

• L_OverdriveSpring&BoosterFix_v1.lua
    2.9 KB · Views: 83
I made this simple .lua file that prevents overdrive from destroying springs & boosters in multiplayer.

It consists of a simple hook, and a similar such hook for all other springs, and for all boosters and their parts, that makes them not die when they get killed and set's RE:Overdrive's target to nil.

These hooks cause RE:Overdrive to, when he attempts to destroy a spring or booster with a Void Slash, instead perform a Final Diamond Cracker if no rings or walls are nearby; if rings are nearby, he'll instead perform a Light Speed Dash, and if a wall is nearby, he'll instead walljump, and nothing too weird happens if both rings and walls are nearby when he attempts to destroy a spring or booster with a Void Slash.

After RE:Overdrive attempts to use Void Slash on a Spring or Booster, the Spring or Booster will function normally.
I object a little bit to calling it a 'fix' given that I've tried my best to pretend it's intentional, but I can absolutely see this script making them a bit more consistent to play with.

So I just fought Sonic Overdrive with this character in the Sunset Over Chaos mod and uh...
The whole planet exploded? Was NOT expecting that. But it was a nice touch.

Ah no,here we go again with .rar files...
Post automatically merged:

For future reference, this is because the MB software does not support just uploading standalone WADs: you MUST package it into something else, hence the rar.
And how exactly how do i do it if im on a mobile device?

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back