Expanded thoughts:

Your boss work is incredibly creative. I loved how you used the environment to increase the challenge for the same Eggman boss fight. The last one in GFZ 9 is maybe my favorite SRB2 boss, period. The use of the pit with the filling goo is AWESOME and the best example of how to use bottomless pits in a way that is both challenging and fair.

It's fun to let that fight play out, if you get hit or die a few times like I did, and get your last hits in while Eggman is under the pink goo by diving down. Super cool way to combine elements.

I love the incrementalism, the way the Techno Hill creeps into GF. Can't remember seeing that idea executed as well in any other Sonic thing, tbh.

Also really enjoyed the water-filling chase scene in GF-8. My suggestion though is to add a Post after the 3 spring rooms, because it's a bit annoying to redo that challenge to get back to the water chase.

Overall loved this. It'd be cool for the whole game to flow like this in the future.

Nice job on updating your level pack, but there's a softlock on GFZ9.

attachment.php
You can get stuck on the rising goop if you get hit. Only way out is drowning or reseting the stage in single player.

Attachments

• srb20691.png
    srb20691.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 468

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back