• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

General project screenshot/video thread

Brasonic in SRB2

"Who?"
Brasonic or BrazSonic is a brazilian parody character made all the way back in 2004 for a silly game maker sonic fangame. Just posting some progress here to drum up some interest. I feel like I'll probably never finish brasonic because I'm a pretty god awful spriter so I hope to maybe get some players' attention to see if I could maybe get some feedback or a reason to finish this lad.

He is roughly 90-95% finished in the lua side of things, but he has no sprites done whatsoever and I am a terrible spriter as I said so god only knows when or if I'll be finishing him.

Main ability: Flip-flop toss
Brasonic has a nearly endless arsenal of flip-flops to toss at his foes, be it at a stand still, moving or even jumping!

6B7GRfY.gif

Charged mode
After catching a flip-flop midair, Brasonic will enter his charged mode! In this state he can start a double jump to perform either a supercharged jump or super spin tackle depending on the key being held!

srb20033.gif
srb20034.gif

Capoeira kick or Half moon kick
Holding custom 1 puts Brasonic in a capoeira stance wherein any approaching enemies get kicked back with a lot of force, damaging them upon landing. Works on monitors too!

srb20036.gif

Slide
A simple slide used to both damage enemies and fit inside tight spots.

srb20037.gif

Feedback is greatly appreciated!

On a side note, I have the original creator's permission to re-create his character.
Discord_VoZsjR7NIR.png

Last edited:
Here's something new for the Elemental Shield I drafted today. It's based off my existing rework, but now you can keep holding spin to chain the rebound into a drop dash. This new function was inspired by Mighty's ability in megamix mania.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Expect a more polished version of this in revi later. I've been slowly working on a bulky update over the past months.

Attachments

• srb20002.gif
    srb20002.gif
    6.7 MB · Views: 2,600
  • srb20005.gif
    srb20005.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 2,428
yay more screenshots

alright so I got some more screenshots but of a new mod.
this mod adds ALMOST EVERY 2.1 LEVEL INTO 2.2 so y'all can enjoy the good ol days again.
let's get started.

attachment.php

title screen

GFZ1
attachment.php

begging of act 1

attachment.php

another screenshot a
in the begging of act 1

attachment.php

oh hey this is in too

attachment.php

a look at the top area of act 1

attachment.php

a screenshot showing one of the few bridges

attachment.php

the last screenshot I took of act 1

GFZ2

attachment.php

a screenshot of the begging of act 2

attachment.php

another screenshot of the begging of act 2 but up high

attachment.php

yay no more annoying springs

attachment.php

a screenshot of one of the few fences

attachment.php

a screenshot of the big watery section of act 2

attachment.php

huh... a lot less light here than usual

attachment.php

a screenshot showing that the bridge at the end of act 2 is there no longer

attachment.php

the last screenshot I took of act 2

THZ1

attachment.php

a screenshot of around the beginning of act 1

attachment.php

a screenshot showing off the purple goop

attachment.php

a screenshot of the diverging paths section in act 1

attachment.php

a screenshot of the big goopy section from act 1

welp I unfortunately reached the image limit so that's all I have for now.
thanks for viewing.

Last edited by a moderator:
continuation of original post

because I hit the image limit last post this is a continuation of the last post that shows the screenshots and stuff I couldn't show so I'mma get to that now.

continuation of THZ1

attachment.php

another screenshot of the big goopy section of from act 1 but up high

attachment.php

the last screenshot I took of act 1

EXTRAS

attachment.php

the only attempt I made at getting a screenshot of GFZ3 which obviously didn't go so well

welp that's the rest of the screenshots so enjoy seeing them as much as I enjoyed making them
attachment.php

gif made in GFZ1

Last edited by a moderator:
So, uh, reviving an old CEZ mega-merge idea by someone else, and I've decided to revamp every map involved. As such, here's a picture of a section under revamp in Final Demo CEZ.

Attachments

• srb20158.png
    srb20158.png
    195.5 KB · Views: 330

Not sure if I'll actually finish this, my job tends to have me distracted, but I've toyed a fun little inversion of the Ring Gro mod and figure I may as well show it off.

I have to admit, not a huge amount of it is mine. The base is modified from Ring Gro, with a cap set to prevent you from shrinking into glitchy oblivion, and adding code to check for Super Ring monitors, and I got permission from MotdSpork to use code based on Modern Sonic's ring magnet code to draw in rings(as otherwise you'd get so small you would miss them!) but it was fun to get my feet wet in scripting outside of my usual C#/Unity area.

Still think it might be fun to finish this off some time, ideally add a few commands(maybe just combine Ring Gro into it so rings just change scale based on what you enter) and maybe make sure it works online(it at least works well enough in split screen)

Comedy. I know we've had a Sonic overdose, but I have my own, I guess.

Attachments

• srb20473.gif
    srb20473.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 373
  • srb20471.gif
    srb20471.gif
    2.6 MB · Views: 378
  • srb20445.gif
    srb20445.gif
    5.1 MB · Views: 392
My massive update to revi is nearing completion. It's basically a remake at this point so I'll likely release it as a new mod. I'm sure there's a few useful reusable things among all the scrapped contents of the old version.

Anyways, here's a preview of the Thorn Shield, the first entirely new shield I've made. Its ability reverses your vertical momentum while firing thorns in the direction of your old momentum.

attachment.php

I've also uploaded two small gameplay highlights:

Metal Sonic in GFZ1

Amy in GFZ2

(These have audio, it's just really quiet)

The mod is on track for a release on December 1st. See you then, unless 2.2.9 comes out first and delays my plans.

Attachments

• srb20018.gif
    srb20018.gif
    7.6 MB · Views: 1,821
Last edited:
My massive update to revi is nearing completion. It's basically a remake at this point so I'll likely release it as a new mod. I'm sure there's a few useful reusable things among all the scrapped contents of the old version.

Anyways, here's a preview of the Thorn Shield, the first entirely new shield I've made. Its ability reverses your vertical momentum while firing thorns in the direction of your old momentum.

attachment.php

I've also uploaded two small gameplay highlights:

Metal Sonic in GFZ1

Amy in GFZ2

(These have audio, it's just really quiet)

The mod is on track for a release on December 1st. See you then, unless 2.2.9 comes out first and delays my plans.

That looks like the spike shield from subarashii with fall switch applied to it.

I used to work on a SRB2 map, which was a recreation of Castle Grounds from SM64/SM64DS. I stopped working on it, but I released the map on the SRB2 Discord server!

Attachments

• srb22126.png
    srb22126.png
    119.7 KB · Views: 231
  • srb22127.png
    srb22127.png
    94.6 KB · Views: 250
  • srb22128.png
    srb22128.png
    172.5 KB · Views: 189
  • srb22129.png
    srb22129.png
    164 KB · Views: 186
  • srb22130.png
    srb22130.png
    123.1 KB · Views: 187
  • srb22086.png
    srb22086.png
    199.3 KB · Views: 208

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back