Convert maps 2.0 for 2.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.V

Alright!
I want to know if there will be some program to convert levels, I have some here and I don't want to have to do again.

Last edited:
I highly doubt SRB2 2.1 will need a level converter. Any FoFs/Linedef types affected by changes (change of number etc) can be dealt with manually, and I assume the item map numbers won't change that much, if at all. We know that some level header values have been changed, like in TypeOfLevel, but they can easily be edited.

Unlike what happened with 1.09.4 to 2.0, for 2.1 you won't need to change much besides maybe "typeoflevel" in the level header, a few linedef executors with slightly altered way of working ...and it's more-or-less the same as in 2.0 otherwise.

So no convertion program should be needed at all, in other words.

I understood, small editions don't do badly. But do I think it will have a new configuration of SRB2 Doom Builder, it doesn't go?

Perhaps, but I think 2.1 should be released along with SRB2 Workbench if it is complete.

Indeed. There are some features I tend to use DB for, but having Workbench released alongside SRB2 2.1 would give level designers a chance to make levels without downloading something else. That, and Workbench is considered to be better than DB.

I'd like to have level converter, because I tried my Tyrcity map on 2.1, and it didn't have textures like it should have had. Background and wall textures are red and all my SOC are not working. RIP Tails Doll and Pumpkins in Hless version :C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back