• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Chaos Conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

VentureSonic

Please call me VentureSonic
f6ddt6Y.png

Chaos Conflict

Chaos Conflict is a map pack being made between myself along with White T.U and ManimiFire. It's gonna be a moderately big map pack featuring Co-op, Race, Match, Tag and CTF levels with custom textures, objects and various other things! (it'll be good I swear)

Co-op Maps
Floral Cliffside Zone
The first level of the map pack. A simple grassy and mountainous area with various trees and flowers. Enemies include SDURF and the new enemy, Wheelstick. Created by Tonic ze Hedgefox.
14SobLY.png

vn0V2xQ.png

Humid Burgundy Zone
A sweltering cave of lethal lava and long cave systems. It's intended to be a hard level with a heavy focus on exploration. Currently in WIP. Created by White T.U.
oo5vryG.png

Race Maps
Fungi Valley Zone
A race level based on the bouncing mushrooms. Make sure to hold jump while dealing with these mushrooms.
evL8Gl5.png

0aVaxEB.png

Support Us!
Please show your criticism and support for this project! We're really excited for this and we honestly just want to give you a fun game experience.

Check out the Discord!
https://discord.gg/5e8pFFY

Looks pretty cool from you have shown off here, but maybe use less rectangular sectors for Floral Cliffside Zone and Fungi Valley Zone as they look kinda blocky and linear from the screenshots. Other than that this looks to be something great in the making, Good luck.

Looks pretty cool from you have shown off here, but maybe use less rectangular sectors for Floral Cliffside Zone and Fungi Valley Zone as they look kinda blocky and linear from the screenshots. Other than that this looks to be something great in the making, Good luck.

I'm extremely worried about textures becoming unaligned, that's why it always ends up being blocky. However, the level design is still non-linear with some different pathways.

I'm extremely worried about textures becoming unaligned, that's why it always ends up being blocky. However, the level design is still non-linear with some different pathways.

This is why the align shortcut exists in Zone Builder, you can also select certain linedefs and then use the align shortcut to only align those textures, it's really helpful in situations like this.

This is why the align shortcut exists in Zone Builder, you can also select certain linedefs and then use the align shortcut to only align those textures, it's really helpful in situations like this.

I know about this, but it feels really unreliable sometimes.

Tips on using auto-align: Select only the lines you want to align beforehand, and don't align Y offsets until you've tried different combinations of Lower/Upper/Midtexture pegging.

If none of that works, you can always meticulously go through and align everything yourself; that's what id Software did with Doom ;p

Just a heads Up, Lower Unpegging doesn't work like it does in Doom and as a result SRB2 can't use it the same way Doom does for vertical alignment.

I'm not sure why you keep on mentioning that. All our editors and renderers have been updated to display what it looks like in the 3D views, so if you reference that things won't be out of place.

Ooh, this is pretty neat, nice maps tho they are still needing some Detail.
Race and more gametypes i am looking forward to what you guys are going to come up with.

Hey thought I'd just drop an update on this thing

A while ago Tonic told me that he decided he doesn't feel up to the task of making Chaos Conflict anymore, and asked for me to take over for him. So from now on updates will be mainly from me, ManimiFire or Hedgefox, who has also joined the team.

In other news, here's a gif of Floral Cliffside, the first zone in the game. Just to show that this thing isnt quite dead yet

srb20012.gif

Here's a preview on the second act too.

srb20013.gif

Bridge Zone - Co-op Edition?

Hiya folks, Hedgefox here.

Just wanna show off some progress for my part in this whole collab thing, that's going on, right now:

srb20017.png

Yep, it's Bridge Zone from the Game Gear/Master System version of Sonic 1. As you can see, there's some twists for my take on this zone. andasexyskyboxtogowithit

For example, the criss-cross texture has gotten an (2.2) updated look, and I've added the trees from Hilltop Zone from Sonic 2, as I thought it would fit for this zone.

srb20018.png

There's only one act, as of now. I may end up making this a one-act zone, like Hidden Palace from Sonic 2's Android/IOS port, or not. We'll see.

don'tworrythere'sactuallyalternatepathsthistime

Hiya folks, Hedgefox here.

Just wanna show off some progress for my part in this whole collab thing, that's going on, right now:

View attachment 10015

Yep, it's Bridge Zone from the Game Gear/Master System version of Sonic 1. As you can see, there's some twists for my take on this zone. andasexyskyboxtogowithit

Wow! I love bridge zone! Glad to see it be in SRB2!

Progress on Chaos Conflict has been slow, but work has still been done. I'd just like to show off a bit of it.

https://i.imgur.com/97DFOyC.gifv

for starters Floral Cliffside Zone Act 2 now has a Knuckles path, it's still w.i.p however, and i've still to add many changes.

next up is a full preview of Floral Cliffside acts 1 and 2!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KURVD1dvjvQ

Do note that these are slightly outdated versions of the map, and have a few errors here and there. The boss act of FCZ has been completed, but i wont show it off quite yet. I'd like to finish FCZ before i continue working on maps like Humid Burgundy Zone (which is currently on hold)

While i'd like to have Chaos Conflict finished this year, i highly doubt that will happen. But me and the crew will try our best to deliver an enjoyable map pack that will last you quite a while

When's the release date?
This looks so beautiful! I'm still getting used to Zone Builder and I still suck at making maps! I cannot wait until it's out, keep going!

it's been 3 weeks and i've not done a whole lot, but here's some progress anyway:

srb20063.gif

srb20238.png

This is the ending part of Knuckles' route, it's not entirely finished yet, but i quite like what i've done so far.

also i still havent touched humid burgundy zone yet im so sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back