Focus lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

a7xjeff

Hello sonic community. I am a console gamer mostly but wanted a sonic game to play with my kids and found this gem (emerald?lol). All the work that was and still is being put into this blew me away. So I've found out how to host and have 3 screens going on my laptop and the only thing that bugs me is that 2 of the screens have the "focus lost" message on them. Is there any way possible to remove this? Thanks in advance and to all those that make this game so awesome.

Sadly, you can not host 3 games with seperate instances on the same machine unless you find a way to somehow keep all three instances active. There's 2 player local splitscreen, and if you had a couple cheaper machines you could probably host a LAN game between the 3, but otherwise you're kinda out of luck for the moment.

It was at one point possible to host a netplay game or join one and then activate splitscreen mode with a console command, which would cut down the requirements to two machines, but that feature was removed due to supposed lack of use.

I have it working now. We can all play it's just 2 of the screens are kind of blocked by that silly message. I have even seen where it was put in the code (I think that's what is called). I just don't know if it's possible to alter.
// platform independant focus loss
UINT8 window_notinfocus = false;
//
// DEMO LOOP
//
@@ -437,6 +440,17 @@ static void D_Display(void)
CON_Drawer();
M_Drawer(); // menu is drawn even on top of everything
// focus lost notification goes on top of everything, even the former everything
if (window_notinfocus)
{
M_DrawTextBox((BASEVIDWIDTH/2) - (60), (BASEVIDHEIGHT/2) - (16), 13, 2);
if (gamestate == GS_LEVEL && (P_AutoPause() || paused))
V_DrawCenteredString(BASEVIDWIDTH/2, (BASEVIDHEIGHT/2) - (4), V_YELLOWMAP, "Game Paused");
else
V_DrawCenteredString(BASEVIDWIDTH/2, (BASEVIDHEIGHT/2) - (4), V_YELLOWMAP, "Focus Lost");
}
Is there a way to cut this part out or at least the part that I assume is the culprit?

I apologize for my noobiness, but I don't have a clue on where to find this. Which file would I need to open and is plain notepad good enough to do the job?

I'm an idiot. lol

So I got home from work and messed with it and realized i can move the characters on the screens with "no focus" but the buttons for jump and spin don't work. So monster cat I you knew what I wanted still. I now realize I need a way to keep all 3 windows "active" and not the "no focus dumbness". I can do it on N64 emulaters so i assume there is a way to do it on srb2. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it and my son would love you. lol thanks for your help monster cat and i hope you can help even more. btw i don't even know how to begin to respond to your answer because im program illiterate. lol Hopefully someone can explain it to me.. thanks again

Hey monster cat, or anyone else or can help, Ive spent a few hours trying to figure out what monster cat told me to do. I realized I didn't know what he was talking about because when I downloaded srb2 I didn't get the source code with it. Im downloading it now. So can I edit the stuff in the ivideo he told me about and then it fixes my game. Or do I have to recompile that after im done editing. I think I've downloaded everything I need but this is my first time doing this kinda thing and any advice would be helpful. (Im a console gamer usually so all of this is way new to me.)

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

last time I spam til I get a response: I was happy with myself to learn how to edit and recompile and I got that silly message off of the other windows. :D but the real problem is that I need to keep all 3 windows "focused" so I can use 3 controllers. its silly that the analog sticks will work on the 2 other screens so they can move but no buttons work so no jumping or spinning. All I ask is if this is possible would someone show me said code and then tell me what to edit to make it work. Thanks for reading my rambling and hope someone can help me share this awesome game with my kids.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back