Fixed MD2 models gone weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra

Now when I spin as an MD2, the spintrail is a half-stuck in ground standing bunch of afterimages of the md2 i am playing as.
evuPGd2.png

(Pay no attention to the message, it was an old bind I had when I used to roleplay about tails doll or something... Here I just accidentally pressed it. Also, I was spinning off a ledge, so they don't look half stuck in the ground here...)

Last edited by a moderator:
How the hell did you get those md2s to work? MonsterIestyn said that MD2s aren't availible anymore in SRB2 2.1

Is there no solution to this? I tried to add an extra frame to see if that frame would be used in the trail, but it wasn't. Please help!

I went along and tried out the openGL version as soon as I heard this and tested it on my Sonic JAM model, and it seems that it is true...

I gave the model up to 50 frames, from 35 (the original ending point for the frames is 34, so anything after 34 is nothing, but I though maybe in 2.1, its something) to 50 I made the frames have a specific look, different from the standing frame to indicate if a change has been made, and it did not work. Then I tried adding "thok wheatly.md2 3.0 0.0" in the md2 dat, to see if maybe it needed a seperate md2 model for the thok, but that did not work either. It seems the thok is using the same model as the one the player is using, which means they both share the same frames, which is why it uses the standing frame of the model you are using (I think). I currently see no way to fix this with my current knowledge of MD2 modeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back