Resource icon

[Open Assets] Emerald Hunt Advanced V2.2 2021-03-04

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Latius

Hybrid Kart Mapper/Porter
Emerald Hunt Advanced has been fully ported over to V2.2!

All the same features from the pre-V2.2 versions, upgraded to work with SRB2 Version 2.2, as well as a new lick of paint for the Emerald Hunt Advanced Radar!
srb20006.png

Features:
  • All of the Emeralds will spawn as different Emeralds each time, so no more seeing the same damn Green Emerald (or Emerald Shards) all the time!
  • Customizable number of Emeralds to find, from just one, all the way up to all seven!
  • A nifty HUD indicator to show how many Emeralds you have collected, and how many you need to get in total!
  • A customized Emerald Radar! You can now see just how close you are to them. Oh, and did I mention that you can adjust the maximum range of the Radar, and even turn it off for a certain level, using LUA.radarrange to set the number of map units the radar has as its range, and LUA.radaroff = true for when you want them to go blind?
  • The Radar also has sounds as well. Not only that, but you can decide to just have the sound and no radar by just turning the radar off, or to turn the sound off by using LUA.soundoff = true - or no radar and no sounds if you're feeling mean!
  • DrEAMS.
    Note: The DrEAMS version is currently limited to a pack still in progress, and replaces the Emeralds with Ideyas. NiGHTS and Reala optional.

The Zip file comes with both the Emerald Hunt Advanced Lua (and required sprites) and a test map (based on a boss map I've been working on) to show how Emerald Hunt Advanced works. {Maps designed for Emerald Hunt Advanced will have E added to the start of their filenames, and can have the HuntAdvanced TypeOfLevel added to it, although this is optional}

In the event I do not log in for a month and cannot be contacted, I give blanket permission for STJr and its appointed staff to coordinate and approve the porting and maintenance of my standard SRB2 releases on the SRB2MB, except where stated otherwise. I reserve the right to ask for those ports to be taken down or replaced if I return. You may not edit my work to create other content (such as Original Characters or Remix Stages) unless specified.

Attachments

• VSLE_EmeraldHunt_v2_1.zip
    24.4 KB · Views: 534
  • SLE_EmeraldHunt_v2_2.zip
    24.6 KB · Views: 494
Last edited:
I've taken a look at this and I'll be happy to release it. But first I will ask you to rename your files to the following: VL_EmeraldHunt-v2.wad and VC_EHAShowcase-v2.wad

This is to follow our updated filename conventions. We also specify version 2 for ports from previous versions of SRB2 to make it clear to people who might not use this forum and, say, get the mod from a netgame, which is the latest version and most likely to with SRB2 2.2

Well, in that case, I need to change it to VL_EmeraldHunt_v2.wad for the main script... But, as I have stated in the info, maps which are designed for EHA would have an E in it, so in this case, it would be VSE_EHAShowcase_v2.wad for the showcase wad, given that it's a singleplayer/co-op map which uses Emerald Hunt Advanced. But otherwise, that's easy to do, and I'll update the starting post with the files and such ASAP.

Well, it's your own modification of the game mode intended to be used with other maps so that works too. I'll keep the posts made while this was in submissions up to explain this for anyone curious about this in the future.

But welcome to releases!

With the new features which I really should have added in earlier, I've updated Emerald Hunt Advanced to V2.2. Although I still am not sure why the gametype doesn't show up in the multiplayer menu...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back