• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

ULDC: February - April 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might end up being my ULDC submission. It's that map I've been working on for a while, despite the fact that it's still extremely short. It ain't matching any standards, but I guess it's something. The name is Tempest Shrine.
srb20321.png

srb20323.png

Some assets and objects (that are barely visible in these screenshots) were made with the help of DaveLite.
Anyway, I really hope I get to finish it in time.

I feel like I can't really progress on Petrol Pond, so I'm switching over to Mystic Castle Rebirth. The prototype is available now, but that's only the rough outline.

the big thing preventing progress on Petrol Pond, I can't find a good music choice for an oil facility in the forest with a dock near by.

I feel like I can't really progress on Petrol Pond, so I'm switching over to Mystic Castle Rebirth. The prototype is available now, but that's only the rough outline.

the big thing preventing progress on Petrol Pond, I can't find a good music choice for an oil facility in the forest with a dock near by.

Long shot. But prehaps Oil Desert from Sonic 4 ep 2. Even for a placeholder

It was a good idea, but I actually found a track that fits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZNBRHmBw8w
However, I'm starting to feel that there's no way I can get Petrol Pond finished in time for the first colab. So instead of submitting a rushed stage, I'm going to focus on Mystic Castle Rebirth and Petrol pond will be kept on hold for the next colab if it happens, or the stage get's refined enough for standalone release.

Anyone looking to collab on a level? I'm thinking of making a Dark City Zone-themed level akin to the one in Cyberdime.

Is it allowed to use UDMF for an map submission here? (as in, if I try to make an map with UDMF advantage for slopes) Just wondering about that one.

Is it allowed to use UDMF for an map submission here? (as in, if I try to make an map with UDMF advantage for slopes) Just wondering about that one.

This question is answered in the opening post's rules. The submission must work using the default SRB2 executable.

Man, i'm seeing a lot of fun maps in this collab.

Now what i been doing is some... life questionable decision... A full on "revamp" of Final Demo's Castle Eggman Zone (Well only the first act)

attachment.php

attachment.php

With a little bit of extra at the end~

attachment.php

I hope mine is good enough!

I am dying to play that map! It just reminds me of the nostalgic CEZ2 from 1.09 version. It had a really good idea behind it.

Time to showcase my ULDC map I suppose. (Hopefully I can finish it in time with Animal Crossing coming out soon. Heh)

It's a remake of a GBA Spyro level. Nothing special.

attachment.php

But the gimmick of this rather simple looking stage is, with the help of Ikkarou Tatsuru..

attachment.php

attachment.php

Spyro health and gems. The goal of the map will be to collect them all and then you'll be granted the ability to finish the stage. Will have a nice 500 or 600 gems to collect, and a few mini goals to complete. (Might be emblems, if Whackjood allows them.) But yeah. Here you guys are for now! A little taste of what's to (most likely) come.
Layout of Things are a work in progress, and only about 310 gems currently exist. I just wanted to get the map in presentable order.

Attachments

• srb20104.png
    srb20104.png
    166.9 KB · Views: 1,078
  • srb20213.gif
    srb20213.gif
    5.5 MB · Views: 1,174
  • srb20214.gif
    srb20214.gif
    864.5 KB · Views: 1,201
Lots of progress done, the skybox alignment was a bit tricky but it works now...
srb20414.jpg

... And the choo choo trains are ready to kill and give free rides to anyone... Im honestly not sure how killer trains are going to play in a CTF map, but if it doesn't end well, I may change that effect, we will see.
srb20442.gif

Uhh, idk if anyone will like/play it but I'm doing a Greenflower Act 1 revamp (or what would be after the story). If nobody wants a Greenflower revamp as many other Sonic fans don't want another Green Hill Zone then I guess I will stop this and begin other projects

I'm also adding a secret room (cuz why not)

Attachments

• srb20203.png
    srb20203.png
    56.4 KB · Views: 352
  • srb20204.png
    srb20204.png
    76 KB · Views: 321
  • srb20205.png
    srb20205.png
    68.9 KB · Views: 312
  • srb20206.png
    srb20206.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 322
  • srb20208.png
    srb20208.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 325
Wow, there's so many cool things here! You're all so talented!

Press garden is absolutely eye candy, but it's hard not to be when you have such QUALITY textures to work with, right? That's not to diminish any of your hard work though, you're using them in all the right ways.

I love seeing Game Gear levels brought to life, too. I remember spending a lot of time in Gigapolis, so it's neat to see it in 3d. Also, your attention to the small details like animated scenery? VERY good. That sort of thing might not have the most tangible gameplay improvement, but it really leaves people with a strong impression. The little things are indeed important, you're right!

There's so many AWESOME things I'm seeing in here. Trains??? Spyro port levels? (Which level is that, anyways? I feel as if I should know, but I can't recognize it.) Remastered 2.0 Castle Eggman? Basically everything in this thread, from the big to the small, got me pretty excited.

I love seeing people come here and make amazing things, whether they're newbies just flexing their level design muscles, or old veterans creating new legendary content.

Press garden is absolutely eye candy, but it's hard not to be when you have such QUALITY textures to work with, right? That's not to diminish any of your hard work though, you're using them in all the right ways.

Hehe, Fun Fact:

These textures aren't ripped from Mania, they're all made from scratch!
However I was using ripped textures from Mania as placeholders for the longest time a while back. :p

I've been hesitant to show off my stuff here since you guys' maps are much better than mine, but here's a snippet of what I've been working on. It's been in development for a long time, but I think I'll have something ready by the deadline.

Attachments

• srb20467.gif
    srb20467.gif
    5.7 MB · Views: 303
I've been hesitant to show off my stuff here since you guys' maps are much better than mine, but here's a snippet of what I've been working on. It's been in development for a long time, but I think I'll have something ready by the deadline.

Looks great so far! It's got a pretty interesting colour scheme as of now, and I'm honestly just a real sucker for giant ass slopes to roll down, so that's another massive plus from me. Keep it up!

I've changed my mind.
I'm going to do a DK Shadow level stylized one.
Cuz nobody wants another GFZ1.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• i_25653.png
    i_25653.png
    572 KB · Views: 720
  • srb20234.png
    srb20234.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 715
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back