The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazingPhoenix

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
I've been playing Oracle of Ages for the last fews days(see: Nayru avatar :P) So I was wondering, what is your favorite out of the two?

Oracle of Ages is both my preferred game out of the two and my favorite Zelda title to date (though Majora's Mask is a close second).

The dungeons are superb, the music is outstanding, the items are clever and inventive (Seed Shooter, Switch Hook, Mermaid Suit) the time traveling mechanic is awesome, and the game has secrets pouring out the wazoo. The ring system seriously needs to make a return.

Though I enjoyed Seasons, it sort of pales in comparison due to its weaker dungeon and overworld design, blander items (though I will admit that Roc's Cape was cooler than the fully upgraded gauntlet item), and its flat plot and villain. Onox really doesn't do much more than snatch up Din and wait in his keep all game. Veran played a much more active role throughout the story.

Last edited:
Season > Ages

Much better overworld than Ages (I love the weather chaning gimmick far more than the Time Travel one), clever dungeons, and some fantastic music. They did a great job using the Gameboy's ability to link to one another (so you can transfer your Link from Season to Ages/Ages to Seasons; which gives you some more goodies and some more stuff to do).

Pretty much what happens is that Zelda comes into the game (where she originally did not), thus slightly changing some of the events that would happen if you played without her, and it adds a new final boss to the game (Ganon).

Wonderful set of games (Majora's Mask is still my favorite fallowed by Seasons then Wind Waker :3)

I really don't understand how people can prefer Seasons. The dungeon design isn't as intricate and the changes that result from switching the seasons are piddling compared to those that result from time travel. The lack of both a Zora area (along with the Mermaid Suit for that matter), and a decent Goron area make the overworld look comparatively bland as well.

I really don't understand how people can prefer Seasons. The dungeon design isn't as intricate and the changes that result from switching the seasons are piddling compared to those that result from time travel. The lack of both a Zora area (along with the Mermaid Suit for that matter), and a decent Goron area make the overworld look comparatively bland as well.

Ages was too hard for some people. As it stands, seasons was more action oriented. Hell, Ages was one of the only zelda games I got stuck on. I agree with you completely though.

I really liked Ages for its interesting over-world puzzles (especially the ability to dive under the sea to dodge poison blobs), and Seasons for its more diverse settings. Subrosia was visually awesome, even though it sucked that you had to dig for new Ore currency.

While I did like both games, Link's Awakening is still my favorite hand-held Zelda.

I haven't played either, but the graphic novels gave me the impression that you're suppose to play Season before Ages.

Ah, these are my second-favorite zelda games to date (preceded by Majora's Mask). Though I haven't played either in a long while, I think I preferred ages as some more interesting events happened in it. I also enjoyed using the seed-shooter in ages, which was absent from Seasons if I remember correctly.

I haven't played either, but the graphic novels gave me the impression that you're suppose to play Season before Ages.

Yeah, I have the graphic novels too. It does seem like that because...
At the beginning of seasons Link leaves the farm and at the end of ages he comes back.

Seasons, because it doesn't have that annoying as hell sixth (?) dungeon, the Mermaid one.

Both were damn awesome games. I wonder where mine went...

The ocean dungeon in Ages could be uncompletable if you raised the water too high before a certain point in the dungeon, and the "Sea/Island of no return" lived up to it's name too well. (Go into No Return, game over, continue, be forever stuck and no longer able to complete No Return's dungeon if you died before you ever got to it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back