BZ4's Hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I did. In any case, I'm just going to release a compilation eventually and have those included, so it's not a pressing matter.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
You really should add two of your own levels to the list: Nuclear Sunset Zone Acts 1-2.

Ever thought about doing the same for your levels?

You mean suggesting Red Desert and Poison Palace? I really don't know; he doesn't really seem to like my levels that much. I really should rerelease Poison Palace with the enormous gap gimmick changed and removal of those No Climb flags.

- Some of its gimmicks, while creative, are horribly frustrating, even with GOD mode. For example, the water block with springs gimmick. You hit the water blocks, and your spring linkage gets cut off. You figure it out the first time, but the punishment is death for any sort of mistake. This gimmick is hard, but not fun hard, you know?
- Kill all the enemies to move to the next room.
- Badly placed turrets and pop-up turrets.
- Stages over a death pit aren't necessarily bad, but it has some REALLY badly placed death pits, and the gimmicks used really kill that.
- Massive overuse of the spin-to-rise gimmick.
- It's amazingly slow.
- It would have lost if Callum didn't vote a 10.
- Serious loss of direction in places.

All of those are valid points, but the most prominent flaw for me was the fact that the enemies were placed around key platforming points, which made everything impossible. It's gone now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back