SRB2 V2.2 32bit windows xp user problem running game

Fonzer

I am using windows xp updated to the last version possible and I get GetTickCount64 not found in DLL library KERNEL32.dll. Maybe because it's supported from windows Vista the GetTickCount64 one.
Can i somehow change some setting somehow, I did install the additional files for windows xp user like Debugging tools for windows.

XP support had been dropped
No one on the team even have a Vista system to check if it even work on that old of the OS

Please, you going to use that old computer, you may as well install some Linux/GNU OS

Thanks for the answer. Only other device I have is a pc tablet with android OS. But anyway i only wanted some info and I got it. Will try playing the game when I get a better pc.
Linux/GNU OS am kinda not used to it, so i don't know if i would try them.

Obviously you shouldn't unironically be using XP in 2019, but I did figure out how to get it running (after some trouble).
1.Open libopenmpt.dll in a hex editor (I used HxD)
2.Search for GetTickCount64 with the Find function.
3.On the left side of the screen you'll see the files data in hex. Copy any part that is "00 00", highlight the "36 34" that corresponds to the 64 on the right side of the screen, then paste to replace it with 00 00, and save the file.
4.If it crashes on boot, try deleting config.cfg.

Thanks Root it worked and i can play the game now. I followed your instructions and it runs on first try.

Please do not do that; GetTickCount64 is not the same GetTickCount

you just going to mess with the process stack and the crash report that will come out just will not make any sense to us

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back