HDIJ's gone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gemini Spark

The EX version
It's only been a few minutes since HDIJ disappeared from the mb forever, and I'm sure everybody already misses it. (don't just post that you miss it, though) Then again,

Spazzo said:
We all saw it coming. It was fun while it lasted.

So, back to regular posting... at least until April Fools. There *is* something planned for April Fools, right? Don't answer that.

Life goes on! And you guys get to discuss!

I don't really mind that it's gone, however I feel guilty. I'm pretty sure that I helped break HDIJ >.<

Eventually it was going to happen. It would either be that it went because the admins were fed up with it, or no one wanted to use it anymore. And don't deny that after a while, it wouldn't get old. When it first showed up, I posted in as many as I could, But near the end, the novelty wore off, and I just posted in a few good ones.

I knew it was going to happen. I didn't want it to, but I knew it would.

HDIJ is pretty much the only place that I posted in. It just provided me with entertainment when I was board.

I'll just go back to lurking all the time, I guess...

I'm waiting for an admin to tell us that we all just got punk'd, even though I know it's not going to happen. D:

Clay said:
I'm waiting for an admin to tell us that we all just got punk'd, even though I know it's not going to happen. D:
Ugh, I know what you mean. It feels like I've got nowhere to post.
Hey, I've got an idea. How about the Stupid Images and/or the IRC Quotes topic get moved to a new forum? Those could deserve to live, I think.

Yes, yes. Now while we are mouring over How Do I Jump's loss, can we forget about the damed thing now?

It was fun while it lasted but now it's dead. Sure it might have been a big change for the community but we all know this was going to happen eventually. A cespool can only hold so much before it bursts.

How Do I Jump has caused this community to lower it's intelligence quite a bit in my opinion, and with it gone, this might be a wonderful time to look back on how much of faggots we are.

In short; Let go of the past, it's not coming back, it probably won't ever be. So Just shut up about the damned thing.

EDIT: If I may recap, I'd like to point out an image related to my statement
I'll Begin said:
Silent Snipe said:
lolexittu8.png
Ooh! Ooh! I love interpreting these! =3

I think it says "Anything awesome will eventually run into a solid brick wall"

<Torgo> Holy crap HDIJ is gone?
<Torgo> HAZZAH

That was my response when I saw that HDIJ was locked. I liked the initial idea, but the execution wasn't too good, and I lost a lot of interest in it.

Torgo said:
<Torgo> Holy crap HDIJ is gone?
<Torgo> HAZZAH

That was my response when I saw that HDIJ was locked. I liked the initial idea, but the execution wasn't too good, and I lost a lot of interest in it.
Hm... Yeah, but you know... We could just have the General Discussion be a lot more free and allow RPGs and fun games like Arfventures.... I mean do those necessarily have to go away now, because of HDIJ's lock?

I really hoped it wouldn't come to this. I supported HDiJ as long as I could because I felt that it could be the lighter, more cheerful SRB2fun side of the forum. Some people don't really know how to conduct themselves, and even a spam forum can be ruined by idiocy.

I'm really going to miss the RPG topic. I doubt the admins will see fit to keep it, considering the no-RP policy that has existed in all of the forums besides HDiJ... but the activity was just starting to come back, and the whole conflict was only just beginning to shed itself.

Besides that, there were quite a few humorous topics that I'll miss, such as Arf's topics, or his battles with Chrispy, or Spazzo's crazy antics...

RiP- HDiJ =(

Yeah, I only had two story parts in that, I wanted to post more. X(
This sucks, I wish the admins could make one exception to RP'ing and put the Sonic RPG topic back in. Although Extreme Headdesk is still in the Wadbase because of how organised it is in there.

Quite simply, HDiJ was suggested as a method to improve the community by making everyone lighten up. I wouldn't say there's been any drastic change between when HDiJ opened and now, so I wouldn't say it worked. As to why it didn't, that's another matter entirely. Perhaps the execution was bad, perhaps it was trying to address a problem that simply wasn't there.

Although, didn't we expect a hellhole? I mean, honestly, you guys didn't see this coming?

I'm kinda glad. Now hopefuly this place will have alot less n00bs.

And i'm pritty sure I helped break it.

I don't feel very guilty.
I dunno why, I just don't.

So guys, you think we should say we had our fun and move or fight to keep a few things... To be honest.... I'm really not sure. Before HDIJ, I lurked on SRB2, and now.... It feels like we're back to same boring stuff again. What happened?

We don't necessarily need spam, but we need a place where we can let loose and enjoy ourselves instead of debating and talking about games. What about creative inputs and stories we wish to tell? Are those now to be forgotten? Is our only hope for creative input in anything, WADDing now?

EDIT: I still think this to be a hoax. Do you notice that the mods won't stop posting in HDIJ? Either be nice, and let us have fun with you (and do most of us favors) or close it down.

I was horrified to find that HDIJ was removed, not only because it was like a cosy little place that you could laugh and joke with people, but also because it kept spam out of the other forums.

Well, it had a good run, and it served it's purpose to lighten the place up a bit, but none the less, I will miss it, as will a lot of others, but now, we should move on.

Anyway, the other forums seemed to be getting ignored while HDIJ (Or should I say: How did I jump) was around.

Life goes on, and so should the rest of us.

Ultimate said:
I don't really mind that it's gone, however I feel guilty. I'm pretty sure that I helped break HDIJ >.<

Me too ;_;

Anyways,oh well its gone.Its not like we can't use General Discussions to talk about things..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back