HDIJ's gone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultimate said:
I don't really mind that it's gone, however I feel guilty. I'm pretty sure that I helped break HDIJ >.<
This.
I sad to see it go as it helped me to broaden my horizons and actually make friends on this board. Alas, such is life. how I'm going to vent my apparent subform ruining randomness I really don't know.......

Well, we're better off without it. This forum was honestly turning into a n00bfest, plus many of the topics sucked. No, I didn't hate it, I liked it. But I still feel it was just becoming crap.

Fyrus said:
Well, we're better off without it. This forum was honestly turning into a n00bfest, plus many of the topics sucked. No, I didn't hate it, I liked it. But I still feel it was just becoming crap.
Hm... But still.... It just doesn't feel right that now we're back to being strict ole' SRB2 again. HDIJ actually caused us to post more often and not lurk. Now it seems the fun has gone away.

But I guess this is it. See ya' guys. You'll see me from time to time lurking, but that's about the only thing I'll be doing, most likely...

it was fun but most of the topics were just SPAM, there were one or two topic that were funny but it was turning into a nOOb fest.
Why do I get the feeling that I helped kill HDIJ?

Looking over the posts that were made since I last logged in, I am really not surprised it was closed.

Congratulations guys, we try to be nice and you take it for granted, you just cancer'd HDIJ. :(

You have nobody to blame but yourselves.

Also, that was pretty much my only place of posting, everywhere else is boring, cause it's all "How do I use OpenGL?" and "Sonic game #219". Damn, the MB is gonna seem dead now...

Cue said:
Looking over the posts that were made since I last logged in, I am really not surprised it was closed.

Congratulations guys, we try to be nice and you take it for granted, you just cancer'd HDIJ. :(

That's exactly why my post on the HDIJ closure announcement says "Nice job breaking it, heroes".
Because it's so true.

I'm also pondering as to whether I aided in the breaking HDiJ or not. It's something I don't want on my consciousness.

Then again, this is the Internet, 99% of the users here will never see me in life, so what should I care.

I'm sort of glad HIDJ's gone now. All the attention seemed to be directed at that forum ever since it was made, and now that it's gone, people will probably pay more attention to the rest of the MB now.

Honestly, I didn't think we needed a spam forum in the first place. The MB seemed fine as it was, and I didn't think the admins were being too strict either, not even when I was tempbanned.

Arf said:
Cue said:

That's exactly why my post on the HDIJ closure announcement says "Nice job breaking it, heroes".
Because it's so true.
I tried to be funny, bu then some fools tried to /b/ it all up. If you want someone to blame, blame them. Even Rob tried to stop it, but it was too late...

Thanks a lot, /b/-tards...you killed HDIJ with your anti-funny.

Zion Crayson said:
Thanks a lot, /b/-tards...you killed HDIJ with your anti-funny..

Pointing fingers at one another won't solve anything. Each and every one of us is partially responsible for the failure of HDiJ, in one way or another, because humour is relative to each person. One person could find something that's funny and the next person may find it stupid, and so on and so forth. This was the Achilles heel of HDiJ, that our community doesn't have a static concept of humour that applies to each and every user on this board. Even those who were put in charge of the subforum couldn't keep things universally funny. To add on to this, it was creating lots of unneeded conflicts between users of differing opinions, or approaches to types of humour. The only real solution would be to just shut it down.

If we all think it's someone else's fault, then we're all to blame.

Cue said:
The /b/ stuff was the only funny stuff there...

Considering you one of the people guilty of thread wrecking, Zion, co can't really complain about other people, anyway.
So, apparently we pretty much opposite views of funny...well, at least I tried to be funny, and you can't really argue with that, can you?

And as for what you said, Spazzo, you're completely right. In a way, EVERYONE that took part in HDIJ in any way, shape, or form must take part of the blame. That includes you, Spazzo, as well as myself. Nothing against anyone or anything, but that seems to be the only fair thing to do. And may I be the first to apologise for whatever things I did that seemed stupid or lame to others. That includes the RP thing.

I think next time, though, if there were to be a second coming of HDIJ, we should set some guidelines. That way it wouldn't be as flawed as it was. Well, at least it was kept open for close to three months, which was much longer than most of us expected.

Rest in Peace, How Do I Jump...

This is the worst thing to happen to me since my pet frog died on Tuesday. Man, I feel like its all my fault because of mentioning Michael Jackson in nearly all my posts.

I like how the people who helped break it, including myself all feel guilty now. It's a shame that it's gone, but since we have no one to blame but ourselves, why are we mourning it? The forum WAS interesting in itself before HDiJ came along anway. Now the "old, boring" stuff can continue being done. The admins locked it because it didn't work.

I do have a suggestion: Make it so that the forum only opens once a year, for two weeks. During that time, everyone just lets loose there, makes the most of it's time. After that, it's re-locked. I don't think it would be that hard.

Shrike said:
I do have a suggestion: Make it so that the forum only opens once a year, for two weeks. During that time, everyone just lets loose there, makes the most of it's time. After that, it's re-locked. I don't think it would be that hard.
Eh....

It's not the end of the world that HDIJ is gone. There are more topics to come and topics we still have. It's not like we're going to die or something. It's just that you guys seem over-dramatic and depressed now. Get over it.

Shrike said:

When you bury something dead, it's best not to dig it back up at every opportunity. :/ That has been suggested multiple times, it won't happen, let HDIJ rest in peace already.
Also, we still have Extreme Headdesk at the WADBase, just so you know. :P :shot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back