scr_ssh.wad (SeaSide Hill)-Now Merged

Resources:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Espyo

Well, it looked like the Sonic Heroes MOD was stopped, but it wasn't. And here is proff: a beta of SeaSide Hill!
If everyone loved the previous beta, You will all just want to MARRY the newest!
Download: http://www.sendspace.com/file/shx68k
Resources: http://www.sendspace.com/file/pq84yy
Screenshots:
sshfq3.jpg
Beggining
ssh2xe1.jpg
Beggining 2
ssh3ud5.jpg
First "Fly Formation gate"
ssh4zt5.jpg
Long way
ssh5rb0.jpg
First of Eggman's robots
ssh6hs8.jpg
Near the beta's ending

You can easily complete this beta in about 40 seconds.
And I'm going to add more stuff on the final version.

Now Merged: http://www.sendspace.com/file/lc85tj

I thought that everyone forgot about this!
I was looking for the older version in my old srb2 folder's today and I couldn't find it...but this one owns that one! :mrgreen:
Nice Job!

So, you used scripts to change the characters? *downloads*

Edit: No scripts in sight, but the GFZROCK and SKY1 make my levels look awesome! *faints*

This is awesome! It follows Seaside Hill in perfect recreation, and looks just like the real stage! The stage looks way better with these textures, and not just the SRB2-included ones... One more thing, I absolutely love the way you can add just the resources WAD, and give GFZ a change of scene! GFZ2 seems like a completely different stage with those textures added, it seems.

What are you going to do for the Egg Hawk, though?

Boinciel said:
What are you going to do for the Egg Hawk, though?
Gloom City style boss level. The Egg Hawk can be socced, and have no rotations, so it's always looking at you. (sorta like Wolfenstein's bosses)

Anyways, I took a look at the WAD, and here's some things that could probably be improved.

1. I'm pretty sure there's a sector effect that makes you move more smoothly (i.e. not stopping all the time) on stairs.
2. The level is designed to have character changes at the formation gates, by the looks of it, so where's the scripts?
3. SA-Mode + Analog Off is kinda inconvenient for those who actually prefer Analog control.

I'll Begin said:
3. SA-Mode + Analog Off is kinda inconvenient for those who actually prefer Analog control.
But most out there actually prefer no analog and have no gamepads available to plug into the computer. Besides, the camera for Analog kinda sucks, but there's nothing we can do to fix that. It's worse in the real games.

Actually, it's only obvious when you take into account the fact that this map is cramped.

In the famous words of Shuffle, scale it up.

Chaos: There are redwalls because you also need to add the ssh_res.wad file.
BlueZero4 and I'll Begin: There are scripts, but I forgot to mencione that you need to stop at the "colored beam" to change characters.
Boinciel: When the Egg Hawk comes, I'll think of something. But probably SOCcing.
I'll Begin: 1) Must be the "Ramp Sector" type. But I already used those.
3) Well, if you want analog mode (it does look more Sonic Heroes), just type it in the console. But if you really like analog mode, bind a key to toggle it. I use the "E" key.
Chaos: I putted in seperate files because the level is in beta, but the resourses are not. When an upgrade is made, I'll just release the map file.
BlueZero4: My maps are always cramped. Sorry. I'll scale it a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back