OpenGL won't go fullscreen, my problem is different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Pepper

"Couldn't set video mode because it failed to change" is the error message I've been getting since Vista updated my Graphics card Drivers a couple of months ago. I have tried to solve it myself, but have failed. D: I could use some help on this one.
I can go into Fullscreen in Software mode at any supported resolution equal to or over 640x480, even in other games, but not in OpenGL mode on SRB2. D:
Yes, I have tried forcing a screen resolution using the Net Launcher and everything I could think of, even editing the config file. Does OpenGL mode begin at a 640x400 resolution and then check for a different resolution or something?
For whatever reason, my Vista PC thinks that all monitors I plug into it are Generic PnP monitors and doesn't believe they can go into certain resolutions when all of mine have before. I know I can tell Windows to let my monitor go into 'unsafe' resolutions and have done so before on earlier PCs, but I can't find or figure out how to tell it to on Vista or my Graphics drivers. I have a on-board Intel 82945G Express Chipset if that helps.

That happened to me before, why I was gettin a small screen was because of my memory on the computer, so my mom made the memory higher (somehow) check your memory on your computer.

I wish you hadn't bumped this, I'm rather embarrassed that of this topic, seeing as the situation is completely hopeless because of poor hardware support in my video card drivers.
Are you talking about my virtual memory/page file? I have more than enough space in my page file to handle what I throw at it. My problem is not with running OpenGL, I can run it at full speed in a window at a 1024x768 resolution with tri-linear and anisotropic filtering, but I haven't been able to get it to go full screen since my last graphics driver update.

Dr.Pepper said:
I wish you hadn't bumped this, I'm rather embarrassed that of this topic, seeing as the situation is completely hopeless because of poor hardware support in my video card drivers.
Are you talking about my virtual memory/page file? I have more than enough space in my page file to handle what I throw at it. My problem is not with running OpenGL, I can run it at full speed in a window at a 1024x768 resolution with tri-linear and anisotropic filtering, but I haven't been able to get it to go full screen since my last graphics driver update.
Ok. First. Start srb2 up in windowed mode. Then change the default. It should go back to normal :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back