SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard it was coming out when Srb2me is released,but Srb2me got delayed.
So did Srb2riders get delayed too?

Don't rush him, guys. He'll release it when it's finished, so if he has to delay it then fine. He does have a lot of work to do, you know!

Chaos Zero 64 said:
There are a total of 11 characters and 52 levels. 15 are Riders levels, 8 are Mario Kart levels, and 29 are Sonic R levels. I also modified the code so anyone can add their own levels to play with.

29?! Are you inclusing the CooP levels and race levels.

Anything that comes pack with SRB2 wasn't counted. Although I DID count Flame's Sonic R levels. So there's a total of 24 levels made by the SRB2 Community for the Level Design Contest, Flame's levels, and one more made by me. It's the one that was shown a few screenshots earlier, with my own custom-made wall textures.

Okay then, cool. Hope this works out well. Also, could you release a source or something for this?

I just saw your youtube video and I am amazed, it is brilliant. By the way, how come there is so little discussion on these forums or even THIS TOPIC!
It's way to decent to not get any work on it!

I don't mean to be naggy but...
So when is this newer version out?
Un answered question.

Hey! I use those simple answers.
Still though, would these bots exist in the netplay? And will the camera stuff exist in the netplay?

You missed my point before, where I stated that bots won't be in netgames. They still crash at random times, so having them in a netgame with joiners will just be more painful to everyone.

The new camera, though exists in Single Player and Netgames. I've tested them with joiners and found nothing out of place.

Late response is late, but it's awesome that you were finally able to put JTE bots in. Now we can enjoy the mod when there's no one online to play with. How will we be able to use them in Mario Kart or Sonic R mode, if those modes aren't available in Single Player? And will they still appear in splitscreen games?

I can see why you disabled them in Multiplayer either way; they always crash when you least expect it. While playing SRB2JTE, some errors I usually get are memory management related, so I always have to use -MB 256 to continue using 12 or more JTE bots longer than a few matches. Crashes almost never happen whenever I'm just using one to follow me around in Single Player, though.

Also, is the next release going to be 1.09.4 based? Seeing as SRB2ME's release is about six weeks away, I'm guessing you're waiting to port the mod over to ME's source.

I'm only planning on adding them to Riders levels, besides STjr Carnival and Illusion. Mario Kart is easy enough to code, so I can add compatibility with Kart mode. Sonic R, in the other hand, would be way more complicated. They have to jump and spin to avoid obstacles, and the easiest thing to do would be to maybe add a new waypoint made for them to jump and spin. But I might not bother with that. I haven't even finished adding waypoints to the Riders levels, so doing anything besides that would just slow things down.

Crashes happen more often than in SRB2JTE. There's even times when they crash a second before hitting the finish line after 3 laps. It's simply random, so it's better to help joiners avoid much pain.

And yes, the next release is 1.09.4-based. I doubt AJ will lend the code unfinished, just so that I can port Riders in. Eventually, he will continue upgrading, while I would loose track of what's new in the latest code. He doesn't even show us the code anyway.

I also haven't bothered making Sky Babylon, the last Riders level. So story-wise, there's nothing new there. Just bots and better slopes.

I also haven't bothered making Sky Babylon, the last Riders level. So story-wise, there's nothing new there. Just bots and better slopes.
What's wrong with sky babylon?
If you want though I could perhaps make that level though.

Crashes happen more often than in SRB2JTE. There's even times when they crash a second before hitting the finish line after 3 laps. It's simply random, so it's better to help joiners avoid much pain.
Ouch, I hate bot crashes.

And yes, the next release is 1.09.4-based. I doubt AJ will lend the code unfinished, just so that I can port Riders in. Eventually, he will continue upgrading, while I would loose track of what's new in the latest code. He doesn't even show us the code anyway.
Would that mean that the code would have to be remade due to the newer version of srb2?

I'm only planning on adding them to Riders levels, besides STjr Carnival and Illusion. Mario Kart is easy enough to code, so I can add compatibility with Kart mode. Sonic R, in the other hand, would be way more complicated. They have to jump and spin to avoid obstacles, and the easiest thing to do would be to maybe add a new waypoint made for them to jump and spin. But I might not bother with that. I haven't even finished adding waypoints to the Riders levels, so doing anything besides that would just slow things down.
I hope that doesn't screw zoomtubes up!
And what is wrong with illusion and carnival, I guess the one with the super sonic bit would be bad, but the other one SHOULD be ok.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Thanks for clearing that up, I was curious if they would appear in those modes. Adding waypoints for Sonic R mode sounds too time-consuming to be worth the effort anyway, since the bots aren't stable enough for multiplayer, and there are more Sonic R Mode stages than Rider ones.
Chaos Zero 64 said:
More often and randomly than in JTE? O_o' Holy crap.
Chaos Zero 64 said:
What I meant was if you were simply waiting for SRB2ME's SAGE release and port the mod over to its source from there, since ME's release keeps getting closer now. Either way we have the answer, so thanks for clearing that up; I thought you may have delayed the next release because of this.

I did not feel like reading the 153 pages of this topic but when I play in JTE the game glitches and I can't go any where because of invisble walls.

Dr.Pepper said:
Chaos Zero 64 said:
What I meant was if you were simply waiting for SRB2ME's SAGE release and port the mod over to its source from there, since ME's release keeps getting closer now. Either way we have the answer, so thanks for clearing that up; I thought you may have delayed the next release because of this.
I really want to release Riders before ME. One, ME will definitely steal my thunder. I was actually glad it got delayed. Otherwise, I would be stuck porting graphics and coding, while characters and levels are left undone.

At least you can all rest assured that Wave's walking sprites are done. I already gave her the extreme gear by her side. Hard part's done, now I need to do her running frames, tricks, kart sprites, and a few other stuff. I'll be lazy and make her float in the ground for her Sonic R running frames. Monster Iestyn should be glad that she's going to be in the next version.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
At least you can all rest assured that Wave's walking sprites are done. I already gave her the extreme gear by her side. Hard part's done, now I need to do her running frames, tricks, kart sprites, and a few other stuff. I'll be lazy and make her float in the ground for her Sonic R running frames. Monster Iestyn should be glad that she's going to be in the next version.
That's good news, I was wondering how progress on Wave is doing. I'm not a big Wave fan, but I really like MI's sprites that he posted earlier ITT. She'll be one of the first characters I try out in the next release. :P

Also, has any progress been made on Storm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back