I've seen youtube videos and streams and whatnot with this mod installed, and all of them seem to be working correctly. But as soon as I try to play it, I get this error.

Untitled.jpg

I can only run, jump and lightspeed dash. I can't slide, I can't boost, I can't stomp. Does anyone have any idea what is going wrong?

I've seen youtube videos and streams and whatnot with this mod installed, and all of them seem to be working correctly. But as soon as I try to play it, I get this error.

View attachment 33223

I can only run, jump and lightspeed dash. I can't slide, I can't boost, I can't stomp. Does anyone have any idea what is going wrong?

do you have the latest version of SRB2 installed? (2.2.4)

do you have the latest version of SRB2 installed? (2.2.4)

Yeah, I actually re-downloaded the installer it just to be sure. Complete clean slate on the newest version. It's really bizarre.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

Really weird. Just did another clean slate install, and now it works. And it works consistently now. My computer is weird.

Yeah, I actually re-downloaded the installer it just to be sure. Complete clean slate on the newest version. It's really bizarre.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

Really weird. Just did another clean slate install, and now it works. And it works consistently now. My computer is weird.

Oh my god, finally. I was wondering what the issue was

For anyone who doesn't know, I'm pretty sure the lock-on synch failure stuff will be getting fixed for version 5 or 4.x for Modern Sonic. Just sayin'.

since we got three English sonic voices and one Japanese... What about an Italian one too?
Context: the Italian voice of Modern Sonic is Renato Novara, I would love to have his voice along with the others

Just tried out this mod, it's fun and plays really well even if the levels clearly aren't designed around modern Sonic. I have a few suggestions though:

1. Give Modern Sonic more interactions with shields. I like what's done with the elemental shield (fire trail when boosting and stomping), but the rest of the shields only seem to have their regular passive abilities, which makes whirlwind effectively a pity shield unless I'm missing something. Maybe make it so all shields adjust the existing player abilities? Like attraction making the homing attack more momentum-oriented, or whirlwind increasing the power of the double jump. Armageddon's ability could perhaps be integrated into the stomp (EDIT: I'm dumb and didn't try, it already is), and as for force, I have no idea what to do there.

2. Add an icon to extra life monitors and a life icon to the save select screen, instead of the default placeholder "1UP".

Last edited:
Bug: Hold diagonal, with Legacy Camera. Easy to replicate, easy to break.

Attachments

• srb20023.gif
    srb20023.gif
    4.2 MB · Views: 204
Like attraction making the homing attack more momentum-oriented, or whirlwind increasing the power of the double jump. ~~ and as for force, I have no idea what to do there.

Counterproposal: Attraction Shield loses magnet effect, but drastically increases the magnet effect of boosting, so it no longer gets in the way of lightspeed dashing. Also increasing homing attack range.

As for Force Shield, it could slightly reference the Cube Wisp by letting you drop from a large height to cause a pseudo-Armageddon-blast, like how Cube destroys all enemies on screen (could also be triggered by holding spin in air, long enough to act like cube wisp). Alternatively, it could provide a boost consumption reduction (or an extended boost meter until lost), similar to the durability of the shield.

Fire Shield: Multiple Air Boosts.
Alternatively: Holding jump during homing attack causes you to continue past the target, in an effect similar to Spectre Knight from Shovel Knight.

Lightning Shield: Lose magnet effect, increased double jump that pulls in rings from a wide range.
Alternatively: Holding against a wall in preparation to wall jump causes you to stick, can be dropped by pressing spin. Holding jump prevents you from sticking, and you can't initiate stick from weird angles.

Bubble Shield: Stomping causes you to bounce up to the same height you started from. Holding the button used to Stomp causes you to land normally from Stomp.
Alternatively: Double Jumping, Stomping, and Boosting produces minibubbles that don't inhibit other players' movement, but can be homing attacked by the user, or used by other players for air.
Alternative 2: Swimming. Cuz Colors.

I'm not sure if I've already shared the first idea of these.

hey, im new to using this site so, bear with me a bit i guess
this mod is pretty fun but, i seem to be having issues.
none of the moves that require the SPIN button will work, but other characters are fine.
this other one happens to every char but the custom 1 seems to not work. the other 2 work, not one for whatever reason

hey, im new to using this site so, bear with me a bit i guess
this mod is pretty fun but, i seem to be having issues.
none of the moves that require the SPIN button will work, but other characters are fine.
this other one happens to every char but the custom 1 seems to not work. the other 2 work, not one for whatever reason

Are you using version 2.2.4?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 5, Members: 1, Guests: 4)

Back