Sorry for excess posting, but...
Maybe Secret Rings could work out as a HUD style?
(meter on the right being Boost)
upload.jpg

Yessssssssss finalllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

5.1 is amazing, this mod is absolutely perfect and this is my favorite character mod currently.
Buuuuuut...
Why is the light speed dash and super on the same button? Can't it just be the trick button, it doesn't really do anything unless you hit a spring. If I had to figure I'd say there's really no clean way of doing it because of how standard controllers only have 4 face buttons but there's obviously a lot of inherent flaws with trying to put Modern Sonic into a game which personifies his antithesis. That's not entirely a bad thing, I love mixing and matching Sonic mod themes blasphemously; and fighting the bounds of whats feasible in a Robo Blast mod would be absolutely incoherent without this juxtaposition. 5.1 might only seem cosmetic but the drift honestly makes moving Modern with the analog stick EFFORTLESS and I can't imagine what a learning experience this has been for MotdSpork.
Thanks for gracing us with this mod, and the best part is...
This makes SRB2 the first fully-3D Boost game and by proxy my favorite Boost game dont @ me.

Sorry for excess posting, but...
Maybe Secret Rings could work out as a HUD style?
(meter on the right being Boost)
upload.jpg

heya scop
the only problem with secret rings hud is that itt doesn't show time and score
Also, what level is Modern going through in the 5th gif? I'm a sucker for 2D stuff.
i believe that miight be q6, which isn't out yet, but don't take my word for it

Last edited:
Modern Sonic (handshake emoji) Skip
force shield is actually useful

I'm trying out this mod, great improvements! Not a whole lot in specific I have to say based on the little I've tried so far, but I really like what's now done with the shield abilities: all five of them are now smoothly integrated into Modern Sonic's moveset, except for force which has a new ability entirely (sticking onto walls for easier wall jumps). I love how faithful this mod is overall to the boost games' gameplay and general personality (or at least Generations, the only one of those I've played).

Last edited:
If Modern Sonic ends a level holding Custom Button 3, he won't stop doing tricks in the next one. Just a bug that was unfortunately discovered.

Not sure if it was just me, but i had an error on the inflives of each HUD.
I fixed it by moving the local inside every HUD function, but im not sure if that's the ideal fix, maybe you could check it out?
Perhaps its trying to load the var in the CLIENT realm, but Singleplayer only has SERVER? (I suppose you only tested it in coop?)

Anyways, besides that, no bugs aside from the ones mentioned here on the thread.

I fixed it by moving the local inside every HUD function, but im not sure if that's the ideal fix, maybe you could check it out?
Perhaps its trying to load the var in the CLIENT realm, but Singleplayer only has SERVER? (I suppose you only tested it in coop?)

Anyways, besides that, no bugs aside from the ones mentioned here on the thread.

Do you mean with other hud mods on? just do hudstyle 0 in the console

I seem to have the same issue as you. I kinda have no idea what to do to fix it myself. Not too familiar with LUA myself, or coding in general.

Oh well thats weird maybe spork will patch it

I'm sorry, did you really just post that twice?

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

If Modern Sonic ends a level holding Custom Button 3, he won't stop doing tricks in the next one. Just a bug that was unfortunately discovered.

Huh, I tried replicating this with both the vanilla levels and the CyberDime levels, but it doesn't seem to summon the bug you mentioned.

It doesn't always happen, but when it does it can't be undone. Like when you open up the menu with the joystick and hold a direction the game will keep that input until you press another.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back