• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Stunt Race FX character pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here is something some people may not know, ever heard of Stunt Race FX? If the awnser is no then I cant blame you considering how obscure this game is. Anyways Stunt Race FX was another SNES game that use the the mighty SUPER FX CHIP, exept it wasnt mighty enough to save this game from obscurity. Compared to Star Fox or Virtua Racer, Stunt Race had bad FPS and an even worse HUD display (it kinda looked like a TV inside of your TV). But stopmotion gameplay and god-awful HUD displays didnt stop me from liking the game so guess what? I'll be making the main 4 cars, as well as the unlockable bike playable for SRB2 kart!

I started working on this the same time as I did the Pole Position character, but decided to finish that one first because it was more simple and faster to do than what im gonna do now. I'll post a few updates as i finish with stuff.

Attachments

• kart0012.gif
    kart0012.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 842
  • kart0010.gif
    kart0010.gif
    2 MB · Views: 502
  • kart0018.gif
    kart0018.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,669
Stunt Race FX certainly became a bit less obscure now that it got a re-release through the Nintendo Switch's SNES game collection at least. This is one of those games I have some nostalgia for, so I'd certainly like to see the rest of the cars (and bike) in motion when you're done that's for sure.

update

Its been a while since I updated, but im FINALY here, Ive got 2 bad news and 1 good news. Bad news is that Ive been busy the past few weeks and I'll continue to be busy for the next few weeks so my free time to work on sprites will be kinda short, and the other bad news is that Coupe wich is the first character I showed previously has a few wonky sprites animatons (you can partially see othe sprites in certain animations) and the rework I have to do means basicaly redo the entire thing so theres that...

Good news is F-Type is almost done!

Attachments

• kart0014.gif
    kart0014.gif
    376.4 KB · Views: 545
  • kart0009.gif
    kart0009.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 264
  • kart0013.gif
    kart0013.gif
    682.1 KB · Views: 1,202
Oh right, the Super FX SNES game that isn't Starfox or the 3D racing game that isn't F-zero.

I'm happy it got less obscure thanks to the SNES online (like Mellow said)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back