• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2: The Apocalypse Device: The "Better" Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrTapeworm

Midnight Abyss did nothing wrong
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
A while back, I posted screenshots of a level pack called SRB2: The Apocalypse Device. That one has been canceled, and is now being replaced with a better one with different levels! Woooo! Yeah. I posted some of the themes for the zones in this pack also a while back, but now I'm regaining my motivation to complete this thing. So here are some screenshots of Robo Ruins Zone. It is a sort of grassy/desert/ruins/factory level.

20qqmx.png

The start of the level. Crawlas are the main enemy here because this is the first level.

2dsheo4.png

The run-down machinery still operates to some extent, as gusts of steam coming from the pipes can boost Sonic and friends to higher elevations.

eagm0m.png

A little run through the sand. Also green snappers!

169nixg.png

There is a 1-Up monitor on one of those pillars, Tails and Knux can get it easily, and so can Sonic with a well aimed spindash+jump.

qzrvpk.png

4m4jd.png

A short 2D section before the end, it exits out back into 3D.

6qfpyx.png

The unfinished boss arena, whichtotallyisn'tjusttheonefromtheoldlevelpackwithdifferenttextures

So discuss! Are there any things you may notice that I should fix or edit (besides the texture alignment)?

Screenshots of the later levels like Ice Island and Jetsam Jetty will come soon.

Hmm..this caught my eye. The design looks good, the levels don't seem to be too big or too small. Area's aren't totally empty and there seems to be some decent detail here and there. I would say that the boss level could use some more decorations. There also seems to be a consistent colormap throughout the levels, but once you get to the boss it's gone. Is this intentional or not? Before I go any farther I'd really like to play the level myself. You seem to have a very good start here though.

Hmm..this caught my eye. The design looks good, the levels don't seem to be too big or too small. Area's aren't totally empty and there seems to be some decent detail here and there. I would say that the boss level could use some more decorations. There also seems to be a consistent colormap throughout the levels, but once you get to the boss it's gone. Is this intentional or not? Before I go any farther I'd really like to play the level myself. You seem to have a very good start here though.
The boss arena is in a bit of a work-in-progress state, decorations will be added soon however.

A new challenger is approaching!

2l9496r.png

Introducing the Sidesplit! A stationary badnik, it periodically shoots bullet projectiles from the cannons on its side. At least it will once I SOC it into the game. This badnik will appear in Ice Island Zone and Gloomy Grotto Zone.

Note that the sprites are not final. The shading still needs to be improved and I also need to make the other sprite angles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back